Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Current TV Boxset Addiction  (Read 104122 times)

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Current TV Boxset Addiction
« Reply #1815 on: 30 March, 2018, 04:58:18 pm »
Gerry different way

Still the best Rogue Trooper writer.

Ha!

I missed that. And I'm glad I did for that gloriously puntastic gag!

I'm not being sarcastic, that really tickled my sense of humour.

Thanks.

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Enquiry Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: 30 March, 2018, 05:28:22 pm »

You left out the most interesting trivia.

Steve Green

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: 30 March, 2018, 05:36:15 pm »
We should have a battle of the giant dead heads with Rich and Sky Captain's Larry Olivier.

pictsy

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Pictsy on DeviantArt
« Reply #1818 on: 10 April, 2018, 08:16:33 pm »
I finished Star Trek Discovery not too long ago.  I wasn't really expecting anything from it, but I had some people suggest I watch it to see what I think.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Although it is ropey and stupid in parts, it actually turned out to be entertaining as its own thing.  I am most pleased that they actually decided to do something different, even if it's not the non-star fleet oriented Star Trek story I long for.  It also looked great and I even ended up liking the Klingon redesign.

I'm looking forward to seeing if they can improve on what they've already got.  They did rap up a number of the more interesting elements of the show before the season finished, so it's hard to tell what might be in store.

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • the_sharkpool blog
« Reply #1819 on: 12 April, 2018, 09:44:53 pm »
The Terror. It is 1845 and two Royal Navy ships, HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, are searching for the North West Passage through the Arctic. The weather closes in and both ships become trapped in the ice, forcing both crews to hunker down for the winter - there to face sickness, intense cold and something else. Maybe it's a savage polar bear and maybe it's something else...

It's a bit like Shackleton vs. Shako with a sprinkling of H. P. Lovecraft. At ten episodes, some might think this series drags a bit but I enjoyed it immensely because most of the story concerns the characters and their various interactions.

Well worth watching, says I.

Theblazeuk

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: 16 April, 2018, 01:33:38 pm »
5 Episodes in one go? Yes, The Terror is at the very least enjoyable and entertaining. Been a long while since me and the wife could sit through the same TV outside of the Daily Show and in this case, we binged a whole bunch.

Given that the crew of the Terror are stuck in one, horrible, crap place for over a year... the real horror isn't the thing hunting them. It's just how **** an existence that would be!

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: 16 April, 2018, 03:38:36 pm »
The Terror. ...

It's a bit like Shackleton vs. Shako with a sprinkling of H. P. Lovecraft. At ten episodes, some might think this series drags a bit but I enjoyed it immensely because most of the story concerns the characters and their various interactions.
Well, the book's at least 200 pages too long so it sounds like a faithful adaptation! There was some good stuff in there though, so maybe I'll give it a whirl at some point.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: 17 April, 2018, 12:05:05 am »
On the flip side, I've given up on Homeland, again.

Made it through seven or eight episodes of season one but, by Christ, nothing bloody happens. How this is still going is a mystery to me. Even if it improves ten-fold, it'd be coming from such a low bar that I can't be arsed with the time investment.

Also been enjoying Altered Carbon immensely.
Lock up your spoons!