Main Menu

what issue was it???!!!

Started by dantera83, 11 June, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantera83

Hi guys and gals!

I am trying to track down a picture from an issue from many years ago.
It's been bugging me for ages!

The story was of a young priest and there was a "kelpie" in it. It must have been mid nineties.

Any ideas? There was also an armoured gideon episode where he fought a massive beast that insulted him a lot.  Any clues on that would be great too!

Thanks in advance!

TordelBack

I'm guessing at 'A Cross for Aaron', a one-off Mike Hadley adaptation of the much-missed Harry Harrison's brilliant short 'The Streets of Ashkelon', which appeared in Prog 832.  Can't find a copy handy to confirm.  Someone will be along presently to help.

M.I.K.

Don't think that's the right one. The story doesn't have any mention of a kelpie in it and the priest isn't all that young looking.

However, the issue before that has Armoured Gideon fighting a big massive beasty on the cover. Had a look inside and there's a whole lot of insulting going on. Prog 831.

M.I.K.

Hang on... There was a freaky horse beasty and a priest in an ABC Warriors story. Khronicles of Khaos, I think. Something to do with someone being accused of witchcraft. Could it be that?

TordelBack

Quote from: M.I.K. on 12 June, 2013, 04:29:05 PM
Don't think that's the right one. The story doesn't have any mention of a kelpie in it and the priest isn't all that young looking

I was sort of hoping the Kelpie was a misremembering of the Bagpipe creature in the awful Ennis Dredd 'The Chieftain' from the same Prog. A hatrick of Priest-Strange Celtic Creature-Armoured Gideon sort-of-thing.  I just don't remember a Kelpie story at all in the Prog, but you may well be on to something with the Night Maras from Khronicles of Khaos, but as far as I can tell from Barney that story never ran alongside Armoured Gideon.

More details as you have them, please OP!

dantera83

Cheers all!

I'm going to see if I can track down those issues. I'm not certain the stories were in the same prog.

I loved that kelpie drawing and have been trying to explain it to my wife for years! I've googled but to no avail.

Really appreciate your help!  :)

TordelBack

What did yon kelpie look like, Dantera? 

dantera83

Difficult to describe really, kind of a cross between a horse and a horrible rat! It gave me nightmares at the time but I loved it anyway!

dantera83

Well, it's been a long time coming but i randomly decided to complete a new google search (every other time to no avail) and found the beastie in question!!!

It's a "Luke Kirby" strip -just thought i'd thank you for looking at let you know that after a good 10 years of searching i've located it!!!

http://heroesof2000ad.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/