Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 June, 2014, 08:38:44 PM
Anatomy of a Fatty is getting filed for future reference. But why don't you warn us that placing a flat piece on any other brick is an irriversable process?!

you need the Lego brick separator!

Hawkmumbler

LIES! It's a conspiracy to get me to spend more money! ILLUMINATI!

TordelBack

Quote from: chiefy2shoes on 08 June, 2014, 10:33:34 PM
you need the Lego brick separator!

Oh how we laughed when that thing first spilled randomly out of a box.  Now the focus of any communal building session is shattered by repeated cries of 'where's the doo-dad?'. 

Bat King

You can build with them too.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ming

I should probably get a couple of those Lego separator doodads for the boys; they do look pretty handy.

Feliks (5) made a great Shakara this morning:

Shakara of the Snazzy Trousers.  Oskar (three and a half) would have made this perfectly colour-coordinated one way or another (as would I) but Feliks doesn't seem bothered about that kind of stuff.

ZenArcade

Not even the most FLINT hearted person could dislike this one!
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bat King

Lego ought to give you some separators just cos of this zarjaz thread!
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ming

Quote from: ZenArcade on 09 June, 2014, 02:14:03 PM
Not even the most FLINT hearted person could dislike this one!

Very droll :)

Managed to get Ro-Jaws finished off today; as usual there are some aspects of this I like (the wheels, mainly) and others that I feel that I can definitely improve on in future (the head is something of a bugbear).  Still, he's got poo in his teeth, poo on his shovel and poo in his chest cupboard thing, and Feliks suggested the use of the '50' sign in lieu of a tax disc.  Good call, youngster!  If I could do this build in green I'd be happier with it than I am.  The basic design works okay, although it's a bit hard to tell from these crappy pics.

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Blackhole version.  Nice.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 June, 2014, 08:38:44 PM
Anatomy of a Fatty is getting filed for future reference. But why don't you warn us that placing a flat piece on any other brick is an irriversable process?!

My son has what remains of my childhood Lego... some of it with teeth marks.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

The boys got given some of those small-but-great Lego Mixel sets recently.  These come with all manner of useful pieces; hinges, joints, etc.  The best bits are the teeth and the eyes...  (I'll try out some of the other teeth on Ro-Jaws next time we take a crack at him, maybe).

Anyway, as soon as I saw all those eyes, this was screaming out for a quick test-run*.  I'm getting some more of these teeth things so will have a proper stab at this before long.

Now, how do I explain to a three year old and a five year old about Iok Sotot, eater of souls?  :lol:

* There's plenty of refinement to be done, but for a very quick (15min) and dirty trial, it's promising. I need to find some yellow trousers for Phase IV Zenith, though (and I can cut out a better sticker).

Frank

That, Ming, is stone cold genius. Do The Mess next.

ming

Quote from: Islamic State of Iraq and Sauchie on 13 June, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

That, Ming, is stone cold genius. Do The Mess next.

What, some eyes in a jar?  Sold!

I may also do Louis from Harlem Heroes - post accident, of course.

:)

Hawkmumbler

Close the thread. That is the pinicle of genius. Just, wow.