Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: ming on 13 June, 2014, 09:59:16 PM
Now, how do I explain to a three year old and a five year old about Iok Sotot, eater of souls? 

Pffft.  Just explain that he's the Lurker at the Threshold, Zenith's (the Key) kid with a clone of his Mum (the Gate), and has probably gestated in the sun to achieve his many-angled form.  Ia!  Ia! 

They've probably seen In The Night Garden.  They'll get it straight off.

I speak as a father whose kid today moved on from the solid well-trodden parental ground of 'where do babies come from' to athe all-new 'yes, but how does the Dad's genetic information get in there?".  Fuck.  Literally.

Colin YNWA

Dash Decent

Now, how do I explain to a three year old and a five year old about Iok Sotot, eater of souls?  :lol:

That's the first time I've ever been freaked out by Lego.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 June, 2014, 12:08:55 AM

They've probably seen In The Night Garden.  They'll get it straight off.

Exactly. Anyone who can handle the manifold dimensional horror the lurks In the Night Garden will get this.

Seriously, there's a Terror Tale in that one: garish freaks with a trouser fetish; a living doll (pull her string, hear her scream); a troll that lives under the bridge; minaturising trains; two seemingly normal families - except for their ten children, their teeny-tiny size and the fact they are clones of each other; all overseen by giant, silent seemingly-benign balloon guards (but under their garish, painted smiles, lurk depravity to make the soul weep).

Night Garden terrifies me. And it explains to children an awful truth: at the end, you are alone. Weep, weep I tell you, for Iggle Piggle as he is cast out of paradise at the end of each episode, to drift alone on the sea - just him and his madness. The next morning, when he wakes, he will be eating his toes to stay alive.
Lock up your spoons!

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 June, 2014, 06:43:34 AM
PLEASE BE MY DAD!

Who, me or TordelBack?  Maybe we could arrange shared custody?  My only requirement is that you have your own filing system in place for your shelves.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 June, 2014, 11:19:59 AM
Now, how do I explain to a three year old and a five year old about Iok Sotot, eater of souls?  :lol:

That's the first time I've ever been freaked out by Lego.

My work here is done! :D

Not really; unsurprisingly, there's endless mileage in 2000AD Lego.

atp

Sir, With an idea like this your work will never be done.This thread is great the nostalgic memories of my loooong lost youth with Lego is almost to much to bear, blimey don't time pass too quickly. Most of my efforts were making box like cars for my action man toy then shoving him of the top landing to see the Lego explosion when it hit the floor, then I'd listen to my old dad go off at me as I cleared up the debris and start another vehicle ready for demolition. Any way these 2000AD Lego builds are bloody great, keep them coming. Just a thought but have you given the LEGO Digital Designer 4.3 a go, here's a link. http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/download  . Obviously not as tactile as the real thing but you will never run out of bricks to envisage new designs. By the way Judge death  is great and the rendition of chopper is good enough to hang on the wall as modern art.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

atp

Quote from: atp on 14 June, 2014, 02:06:17 PM
of the top landing

'off' the top landing. I'm now walking bare foot on Lego bricks as self induced punishment.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

ming

I did give that virtual Lego builder a quick try but didn't have that much fun with it; if I can't see the pieces in front of my, my brain has trouble visualising how they might best fit together to achieve what I have in mind.  Basically, I have a vague idea then make it up as I go along, according to what bricks aren't currently in use by the boys.  I can see the benefits of the virtual thing as a planning tool but our builds are a bit too random for that.

Meanwhile, here's a cheap shot inspired by something Feliks made this morning...  :lol:

ming

Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2014, 03:02:46 PM
Meanwhile, here's a cheap shot inspired by something Feliks made this morning...  :lol:

Heh, I need to swap the heads over, I know...

ming

Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2014, 03:13:04 PM
Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2014, 03:02:46 PM

Heh, I need to swap the heads over, I know...

Better now.

Frank

A gun shark and his pal Ray?

ming

Quote from: Islamic State of Iraq and Sauchie on 14 June, 2014, 04:08:01 PM

A gun shark and his pal Ray?

Well, with the shark having all those fins, I can think of a decent nickname to go with his buddy, Ray.

Stupid, I know, but it made me laugh (and anyway, Feliks started by replacing Spiderman's head with a crocodile).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2014, 02:00:04 PM
PLEASE BE MY DAD!

Who, me or TordelBack?  Maybe we could arrange shared custody?

Well much as I love Tordelback he's never brought me the unqualified genius that is lego Iok Sotot. To be followed by a pun, a visual pun so puntatsic as to be fitting for... well Sinister Dexter. This therefore works on SOOOOO many levels. My love and respect for you now is without measure and I realise I'm not worthy of the honour of your fatherhood and must worship from a distance until I am.

Bat King

Love the Finny n Ray show!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 June, 2014, 07:20:59 PM
Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2014, 02:00:04 PM
PLEASE BE MY DAD!

Who, me or TordelBack?  Maybe we could arrange shared custody?

Well much as I love Tordelback he's never brought me the unqualified genius that is lego Iok Sotot. To be followed by a pun, a visual pun so puntatsic as to be fitting for... well Sinister Dexter. This therefore works on SOOOOO many levels. My love and respect for you now is without measure and I realise I'm not worthy of the honour of your fatherhood and must worship from a distance until I am.

[aside] Is that restraining order ready yet? [/aside]  :lol:

I'm glad you're enjoying these Colin!  Ultimately, I will prove a huge disappointment, so prepare yourself!

In the meantime...

"I smell blood in the business waters!™"

Just another day in the office for Enormo Overdrive and Sad Klegg (who admittedly looks rather chipper).

Thanks to Mikey for the suggestion!