Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 June, 2014, 12:47:53 PM
Quote from: ming on 23 June, 2014, 08:54:59 AM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 22 June, 2014, 10:21:53 PM
Oh and ps ming, any chance of doing the classic MekQuake ecofriendly recycling operation?? Z

Like the one below?

I think he means the searing green Hellbringer version.

Hmm, when I think of a 'classic' Mek-Quake I always picture O'Neill's original... Will await clarification from Zen!

Meanwhile, the Zaucer of Zilk donned a pair of fantasmagorical fancy pants yesterday...

ZenArcade

Sorry ming, caught up for a while in work. Yep Dark Jimbo is right. I know what you mean by the classic O'Neill strip; but the start of Hellbringer has MekQuake in a junk yard 'recycling' robots then burying them as per his newfound 'green' credentials, had me in stitches then and still does anytime I read it. Hurrrrr, BIG JOBS!!! Z :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ming

Quote from: ZenArcade on 23 June, 2014, 01:10:17 PM
Sorry ming, caught up for a while in work. Yep Dark Jimbo is right. I know what you mean by the classic O'Neill strip; but the start of Hellbringer has MekQuake in a junk yard 'recycling' robots then burying them as per his newfound 'green' credentials, had me in stitches then and still does anytime I read it. Hurrrrr, BIG JOBS!!! Z :lol:

Ah, I'll give it some thought; would probably try out the 'dockers' version first, though.  Mek-Quake is definitely one of the most enjoyable characters to take on - there's a lot of personality packed into that tiny brain!

:)

ZenArcade

How true, he is invariably the funniest charachter in 2000AD.

ming

More Mek-Quake - not the war droid body or the recycling robot, but a rough-and-ready go at the Black Hole transporter version.  Feliks chose the colour scheme and assisted with selection of occupants (Joe P and Terri, in rather heavily applied robot make-up).  Running around a bit this summer but we'll get some more done at some point, I'm sure :)

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ZenArcade

Mek Quake just a lonely cruiser.

ming

Couldn't resist doing this... :lol:

Regular 2000AD Lego will be resumed shortly!

Devons Daddy

Lego characters hands hold iPhone cables perfectly!!

I have the dark knight and friends bringing the super villain DESKTOP CABLES under control at my office. A run of 2000ad characters would be on my must have list.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ming

The fatties have been seeing a bit more action lately...

"Dredd to control... Perp at the holding post at the corner of Haystacks and Bunter; improper use of a hottie - six months kook-cube observation"

:)

ming

"Lot worse ways to spend the days than shiftin' blubber..."

Hawkmumbler

Inthink those fatties are the single best thing you've made for this thread and these pictures illustrate why. They are effectively fully functional minifigures that can be used to re-enact any given scene from the history of the prog. Wonderful.

ming

Back in the Lego saddle...

Louis looks on while Giant gets some practice playing ball...

Had great fun telling the boys about the Harlem Heroes, brain-in-a-jar Louis and, especially, Artie Gruber.

TordelBack

Looks absolutely beautiful.  You truly belong here with us among the clouds.

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 September, 2014, 05:40:52 PM
Looks absolutely beautiful.  You truly belong here with us among the clouds.

Thanks!  I do, don't I...

Anyway, forgot about this one: Harry Kipling (deceased) with dead God courtesy of Feliks (5).