Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 06 October, 2015, 06:25:28 PM
The eyes are indeed the masterstroke.

Thanks for the kind words.   :)

If I'd had a way of using existing bricks to make the right shape eyes at this scale I'd have opted for that over stickers, but the 'red marker pen and scraps of leftover Lego sticker sheet' route paid off.  Pat Mills also seemed to approve, which is always nice... "Wonderful! VERY Mek-Quake!"

Not sure what I'll do next but I have a few ideas.

Bat King

I'd buy 2000AD Lego... Said it many times before.

And that Mek-Quake is one I'd buy :) - obviously the official version would have all the right printing on - but you have the look sorted.

A range of ABC Warriors built along these lines (half way to Bionicle but with more traditional parts as in your design maybe) would be a seller surely. To the general Lego market as well as 2000AD fans.

Mini-Fig range too,... with Lawmasters & GI Drop-pod-things, etc. Block Wars Diorama, H-Wagon with crew, Flesh (some of their old Dino range was pretty close to Flesh...)

My family would get me some for Birthday, Christmas, Fathers Day, etc... as well as me picking bits up.

WANT!!!!

Dredd Helmet Storage Box, Rogue Trooper Helmet Storage Box, Jonny Alpha Helmet Storage Box...

I don't do Action Figures or lots of the other merch folk like (though as a present yeah... I just don't rush out n buy them). Lego I'd do cos I already buy Lego and it'd be a win/win for me. All the other fans that buy Merch would want it too... Plus the non-2000AD fans that would be agog at the stunning coolness.

Biggest Merch Wishlit iten. 2000AD Lego.

PS:
That looks like a £8.99 set there... maybe £9.99 as branded ones do cost a little more (the 'ideas' ones LOTS more!). Yes Lego has got a little more expensive recently. Was pretty cool priced about 3 or 4 years ago.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ming

Just in time for Halloween...  A quick spin on a scene from one of the great spooky Dredd classics, Cry of the Werewolf.  You might have to put up with a few more pics if I take some in daylight tomorrow (before the boys dismantle it).

I, Cosh

Great stuff. And I've only just realised that your new avatar is a Lego Chopper!
We never really die.

ming

Quote from: The Cosh on 30 October, 2015, 04:51:55 PM
Great stuff. And I've only just realised that your new avatar is a Lego Chopper!

Imagine how long it would have taken you if I'd had a teeny tiny avatar...  :lol:

And yes, Chopper - Page 5!  The Phantom is on page 6...

Hawkmumbler

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

ming

Not sure if that looks any better than the ones I took at night but there we are (and this has gone to the breakers' yard already).

What next, I wonder?  I have a few things in mind so I'll see what I can come up with; suggestions are very welcome in the meantime!

:)

ZenArcade

Oh Ming you can be our diabolic ruler any day you wish. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Pyroxian

ming

Ooh, that's a bit good, that!  I tried the Killdozer element way back when we had a lot less Lego than we do now but I still don't think I could do anything approaching that good.  The colour scheme alone is a thing of beauty!  Lovely job, thanks for putting it up.  Are there any more where that came from?

ming

I checked out some other builds from that guy and unfortunately 2000AD doesn't seem to be on his radar (that awesome build being inspired by the Matchbox K-2001 Raider Command rather than the Killdozer / Landraider of the Prog (same difference really, I know)).  Shame, I was hoping there might be more things along these lines by him and that Landraider is amazingly good.

Right, time to hit the bricks.  :)

Dandontdare

If anything that's a little bit too good, if you know what I mean - looks like a proper Lego kit rather than an inspired use of one's kids' Lego box.

ming

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 November, 2015, 12:53:12 PM
If anything that's a little bit too good, if you know what I mean - looks like a proper Lego kit rather than an inspired use of one's kids' Lego box.

I know what you mean.  It really is pretty stunning but we're obviously having more fun with our stuff so we win.  So ner.  Having said that if there was a boxed set available for that Landraider I'd be sorely tempted.  Of all the 2000AD things I've made with / for the boys, pretty much everything gets disassembled shortly after completion*, which I love - 'tis the whole point of this stuff after all; I'm not going the get the Kragle out, ever.

* exceptions (after repeated pleas from the boys) are the first Ro-Jaws, Doctor Feeley Good and the latest Mek-Quake.  And Louis, brain-in-a-jar, but that one's for me.

Steve Green

ming

Already posted for the advent calendar, but sticking this in here just to keep all the Lego under one roof.