Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

This one seemed to be a natural progression from the forum advent effort, really...  Poorly photographed and underconstructed but hopefully the intention is clear enough.  If I had more flat black bits available I'd have done the whole street (I want the proper perspective, dammit) and maybe then been tempted to add cars and trees but maybe it's a good thing that my aspirations are reined in by reality sometimes.  (Again, I'm (rightly) lowest on the pecking order when it comes to Lego around here, so I just use what's to hand.)

Anyway, tucked away in a corner of the Meg lies... Flabby Road.  Or an album cover session for the Flab Four.  Not sure, but I imagine this one's along those lines somewhere.  Oskar won't let me dismantle this yet as he thinks it's too cool.

Tjm86

Being on a bit of Beatles kick at the moment, this is genius!

(except for the really bad punning)

Colin YNWA

Loathed as I am to critise such genius, this is the internet and I am a nerd so... shouldn't Paul Fattie's belly wheel have its tire removed?

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 December, 2015, 11:47:26 AM
Loathed as I am to critise such genius, this is the internet and I am a nerd so... shouldn't Paul Fattie's belly wheel have its tire removed?

I did consider trundling Paul McEatme out with no bellywheel at all but it seemed somehow unfair.  I like the no-tire idea though!

Tjm86

Quote from: ming on 06 December, 2015, 12:04:10 PM

I did consider trundling Paul McEatme out with no bellywheel at all but it seemed somehow unfair.  I like the no-tire idea though!

So you had to mull him with no tyre?

ming

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 December, 2015, 01:08:51 PM
Quote from: ming on 06 December, 2015, 12:04:10 PM

Ha!  And I thought my puns were bad!  Love it.   :lol:

TordelBack

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 December, 2015, 01:08:51 PM

Holy shit, man.

Tjm86

ming

Becoming something of an annual event; Christmas Prog letter with a round-up of the year's adventures in 2000AD Lego.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 December, 2015, 10:40:24 AM
Found this Rogue Trooper diorama today.

Yup - I saw that one a while back; great work, and good to know I'm not the only loon out there. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing what the boys and I can put together in the coming year.  It definitely gets more difficult as we get more Lego, simply due to my brain's limited capacity for keeping track with all the new bits and pieces that become available.  We do have a great System in place for organising all the bits (a background in molecular systematics and a general putting-things-in-the-right-boxes personality helps) but the sheer insane volume is a bit scary, to be honest.

ming

Following a major overhaul and reorganisation of our Lego, I managed to get back on the 2000AD wagon this morning...  I had fun with this one (despite minor irritation concerning my lack of ability to make the 'bot chunky and tapering to the degree I wanted).  Anyway, Ian Gibson's cover to Prog 76 has long been one of my favourites so it was nice to have a crack at this and entertain the boys along the way.

IndigoPrime

That robot is superb. I understand your frustrations regarding accuracy, but it's wonderfully chunky and retro in nature.

Zenith 666

Robots great but whys Sam got two scoops of earl grey ice cream instead of his blaster.

ming

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 13 March, 2016, 02:22:01 PM
Robots great but whys Sam got two scoops of earl grey ice cream instead of his blaster.

:P