Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith 666

Apology's I thought sam was back at bisleyland.

Hawkmumbler

Bloody fantastic, ming. Don't ever let this thread take a hiatus ever again!

ming

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 13 March, 2016, 06:01:46 PM
Bloody fantastic, ming. Don't ever let this thread take a hiatus ever again!

Thanks!  The big Lego reorganisation was a pain in the arse but entirely necessary and seems to have given me a few ideas for more 2000AD builds so watch this space.

This one was stupid but fun and gave me an excuse to tell the boys another story and use that wonderful line of dialogue...

Great Moments in Thrill-Power Number 9:

Colin YNWA

Sorry I' being dense but I'm lost here...

Help me!

Dark Jimbo

Squaxx fail, Colin!

It is of course 'Mind the Oranges, Marlon!'
@jamesfeistdraws

ming

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 March, 2016, 07:25:11 PM
Squaxx fail, Colin!

Full marks to Jimbo!  Colin, this was the closest I could get to Lego oranges, so I just gave it a go anyway.  It made me giggle and the fact I was sitting there, placing orange Lego dots in a pile with a pair of tweezers led to me feeling that my nerdiness had reached new heights.  A proud moment! :)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 March, 2016, 07:20:41 PM
Sorry I' being dense but I'm lost here...

Help me!
Same...

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 March, 2016, 07:25:11 PM
Squaxx fail, Colin!

.....OH!

....I've never read D.R. and Quinch.... :-[

Echidna

That Gibson robot is the best yet. Spot on :thumbsup:

Bat King

Quote from: ming on 13 March, 2016, 01:37:39 PM
Following a major overhaul and reorganisation of our Lego, I managed to get back on the 2000AD wagon this morning...  I had fun with this one (despite minor irritation concerning my lack of ability to make the 'bot chunky and tapering to the degree I wanted).  Anyway, Ian Gibson's cover to Prog 76 has long been one of my favourites so it was nice to have a crack at this and entertain the boys along the way.

I'd buy this!!!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Colin YNWA

Arh - now you say it its obvious. There I was thinking it was something to do with 'The Mess'!

Shame on me!

Timothy

Are you sure it's not Something Something Oranges Something?

Albion

Long live the Lego thread.
Awesome as always Ming.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ming

Quote from: Albion on 13 March, 2016, 09:22:17 PM
Long live the Lego thread.
Awesome as always Ming.

Thanks - always nice to know that people like seeing this stuff!  It's an enjoyable way to pass a few hours here and there and always fun to tell stories to the boys as I put these together.  We're all off on our travels next week but I'll see if I can plan out a couple more builds while we're away...  There are a few things I have in mind so I'll see what we can do.

ming

Just back from the US and we're already back on the Lego wagon (if we are ever really off it).

Obscure-ish but a fun tale to recount to the boys (one I've always had a soft spot for).

:)

Bolt-01