Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Quote from: robert_ellis on 05 April, 2018, 06:42:05 AM
I hope the reprinted Vol 80 does happen soon!

The reprinted volume 80 came with my copy of Blood of Emeralds, with Murd's cloak present and correct next to the Brit-Cit judge.

Quote from: robert_ellis on 04 April, 2018, 07:19:33 PM
In the 2018 World Cup Panini sticker album you can have a sticker of yourself made up - with room in the sticker book for it. Surely when you make it to the finish line of a Hachette series they could offer a personalised book - volume 91- you choose! Junker! Maniac 5! Armoured Gideon! You decide!

I liked Armoured Gideon. Have i got rose-tinted glasses on?

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 05 April, 2018, 12:22:36 PM
The reprinted volume 80 came with my copy of Blood of Emeralds, with Murd's cloak present and correct next to the Brit-Cit judge.
Oh really? I'd better get chasing that one then!
I liked Armoured Gideon. Have i got rose-tinted glasses on?
I remember enjoying that series. Might not have had an end...?

BPP

Quote from: Tomwe on 05 April, 2018, 01:35:07 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 05 April, 2018, 12:22:36 PM
Oh really? I'd better get chasing that one then!

Let us know what they say as I got emeralds and rouge robots but not a reprinted dark side of the moon.

Why reprint 80? Surely 81 is the 'problem' spine wise.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Tomwe

Quote from: BPP on 05 April, 2018, 02:10:32 PM
Let us know what they say as I got emeralds and rouge robots but not a reprinted dark side of the moon.

Why reprint 80? Surely 81 is the 'problem' spine wise.
Yup, got a reply:
QuoteWe have sent you a replacement of issue 44 volume 80 allow 7-14 working days for delivery. Its a new reprinted copy version.
Not sure why it wasn't sent automatically but then this is Hachette after all.
Volume 80 now has "Murd's cloak present and correct next to the Brit-Cit judge" as mentioned by Rob Ellis.

Apestrife

With Blood of the emeralds being a Carroll book and Served Cold Ewing, I'm hoping there'll be one of William's as well. Wouldn't mind a best of the rest up till the recent Fit for use, plus the latest Mechanismo by Wagner. Would leave things in an interesting note :)

Jade Falcon

Blood of Emeralds was a cracking read, even the short stories were a nice batch.  For instance, the one with the jumper, I wasn't expecting that in the last panels, thinking it was just going to be another normal (if such a thing exists) occurrence in MC-1.

Nice to get more on Texas City, their Chief Judge really did seem like someone you wanted to punch in the face from day one.  Is it me, or did Psi Judge Lewis bear a resemblance to some artists renditions of a younger Anderson?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Apestrife

Facebook revealed the title for the last remaining volume in the comments. Book 88: Crazy town. Hope it's a collection like Mad city and Tales of Ordinary Madness :)

Looks like the final set of books are:

86: Day of Chaos: Aftermath
87: Lawless
88: Crazy town
89: Psi-Judge Anderson: Dead End
90: War on The Streets

I think this is a nice line up  :D

The Monarch

Tjm86

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Apestrife on 12 April, 2018, 04:45:04 PM
Facebook revealed the title for the last remaining volume in the comments. Book 88: Crazy town. Hope it's a collection like Mad city and Tales of Ordinary Madness :)

Looks like the final set of books are:

86: Day of Chaos: Aftermath
87: Lawless
88: Crazy town
89: Psi-Judge Anderson: Dead End
90: War on The Streets

I think this is a nice line up  :D

Unfortunately no indications that there will be any Black Atlantic.....

Did anyone else get some shoddy reproduction on the Wogue Wobots stories.  I haven't read all the book yet but I found some of the reproduction on Robot Wars and the Walter stories a bit suspect.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Davgardo

Weren't we told The Mega Rackets would form part of this collection? If so, at 15 episodes that's take up a good chunk of this Crazytown volume.

The Monarch

pretty sure mega rackets is in war on the streets

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 12 April, 2018, 10:30:52 PMDid anyone else get some shoddy reproduction on the Wogue Wobots stories.
The Gibson episodes don't fare well, that's for sure.

Tjm86

They've really struggled at times with the repro on the early stories at times.  It's a shame really.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 April, 2018, 01:18:13 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 12 April, 2018, 10:30:52 PMDid anyone else get some shoddy reproduction on the Wogue Wobots stories.
The Gibson episodes don't fare well, that's for sure.

That might have been the episodes I was thinking of.  Not all the book suffered from poor reproduction, but some parts did.  The sex crazed robots story was totally and utterly silly, but in a fun way.