Main Menu

Corto Maltese: Under The Sign of Capricorn – spoiler light (3 preview pages incl

Started by Bat King, 23 December, 2014, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 04 January, 2015, 09:31:25 PM
Just got a dispatch email. Should be with me Tuesday.

Just checked mine and I'm still showing an estimated delivery of 15th - 16th Jan. Oh the vagaries of Amazon delivery dates!

Hawkmumbler

Weirdly so is mine. Even though the header say's dispatched and I got the email. I've even been charged £15. Ah well. Time will tell.

Colin YNWA

...and this morning I've got an e-mail saying they are going to be delivering today, hope it makes it colour me (or black and white me) excited!

Hawkmumbler

Oooh. Me as well. Plus a copy of Lazarus volume one. To be honest I got that to off set the delivery cost for Phantom Blood volume one next month but i'f i'm getting it now then I won't complain.

Hawkmumbler

Colin YNWA

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 31 December, 2014, 03:34:34 PM
Has anybody got this yet? The one copy left in FP has internal pages slightly wider than the cover and I wanted to check if that's standard or a dodgy copy as it's bending the corners and I'm a dick about things like that.
Well?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Actually now you mention it and looking very closely I'd say yes but its miniscule and probably down to the fold in the fold-out cover (both front and back). Its a lovely heavy book, bigger than the Battle reprints (I note as mine happens to be standing next to one) with really nice heavy paper a deep blacks.

Buy it The Cosh or I will lose all respect for you and mock you to your dieing day.

Hawkmumbler

I actually forgot about what Cosh mentioned until I noticed it myself. It's really not that noticeable and honestly doesn't make any difference to the structure of the book.

But it is a handsome volume by all accounts. I'm slightly stunned by just how nice a presentation it is.

Bat King

Glad it looks good in the hand, I often wonder when looking at the previews I get.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 January, 2015, 08:04:32 PM
Actually now you mention it and looking very closely I'd say yes but its miniscule and probably down to the fold in the fold-out cover (both front and back). Its a lovely heavy book, bigger than the Battle reprints (I note as mine happens to be standing next to one) with really nice heavy paper a deep blacks.

Buy it The Cosh or I will lose all respect for you and mock you to your dieing day.
Yeah, that sounds the same as the one I saw. I'll definitely be getting it but might be a couple of weeks now.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Its also surprising how thick it is as its only 140 pages (ish) long. Down to the heavy, quality (I assume) paper.

Hawkmumbler

The paper stock is great. Theirs no light reflection off the blacks so it looks solid. Really good production.