Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

The Kelvin Gosnell interviews were really interesting.
He's an interesting character - very sharp - great recollections from so many years ago.
Shame that all the talent don't see eye to eye after all these years but it happens in every workplace.

Very small point - Star Wars did come out in the UK nearly a whole year later in 1978.
I think Mike pushed the 1977 line (I know its a very QI alarm ringing wrong answer!)

dweezil2

Star Wars premiered on December 27th 1977 in the UK, so technically Gosnell was correct.

It didn't have I wide release until '78, which is when I caught it.   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

AlexF

Fascinating two-parter with Kelvin Gosnell there! And sobering to remember that although 2000AD is clearly something he's dead proud of, it's just one relatively small part of what sounds like a pretty high-flying career in UK journalism.

Must make for quite an interesting relationship with your senior managers when you know that all them have faced death and killed people on a daily basis.

inkymonkey

Quote from: AlexF on 14 March, 2018, 11:57:11 AM

Must make for quite an interesting relationship with your senior managers when you know that all them have faced death and killed people on a daily basis.

I think the word you're looking for there is "sobering"...

Great stuff.

Tiplodocus

Digging the potato beds today so got through The Last Jedi and the two part Kelvin Gosnell thrill casts.

They were great - especially learning the older history from Kelvin and the changes (or not) to style and work ethic made by Jock and Chris Weston. Who is Tonchy btw?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Colin YNWA

Just caught up with the Mark Russell (writer of the upcoming IDW mini) interview and it confirms everything that made me so pleased that he was having a crack at Dredd. The fella is so smart and insightful and i'm really looking forward to this now.

Cracking stuff.

broodblik

Yes the new IDW Dredd by Mark Russell looks good. Hopefully this time around IDW do not stuff up Dredd. 
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Surprised no one has talked up the Arthur Ranson Roundtable - what a treat that was! It has fired me up to dive back into my trades of Button Man and Mazeworld yet again to unpick more artistic goodness.

I imagine it was quite a bit of work to set up with all those guests, but would love to hear one of these on some other 2000AD / UK comics greats. I can't see it happening, but if a panel of comics experts was ever bold enough to tackle the output of Mr. Pat Mills it would be a wonder to listen in on...

Colin YNWA

While doing some window cleaning today I've been catching up with the Thrillcast and have to say two of the San Deigo panels have been brilliant.

Both the British Comics and the Supercop or Satire panels were fantastic. In both cases the panel members took the opening ideas and moved the conversation into fascinating insightful places. Both were fantastic listens.

More of this type of stuff please.

Frank

Fantastic tribute. Lovely to hear from all the superstars, but Matt Smith's kind words were especially welcome.

Colin YNWA

Long time, no comment.

Anyway just finished listening to the 'When comics went to war' thrillcast from New York and as ever astonishing good listening recommended to all.

What caught my attention in particular though was the engimatic comment by Molch-R (or is he still) at the end. He suggests he was formerly Molch-R and is now some shadow of that former droid. Now its entirely possible it means nothing OR its entirely possible I'm missed something that's been commented on elsewhere but has Michael moved on?

I've no idea and its certainly none of my business either way, but if he has that's sad news. He -certainly from the outside - seems to have done wonders to raise Tharg's organ in the hearts and minds of the many. Utter speculation which I hope is shot down, but if he has moved on a thanks is due from the loyal hoards I feel.

Jim_Campbell

I think The Molch was just referring to the impending end of the con season and his general state of frazzledness...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 October, 2019, 07:49:58 AMHe -certainly from the outside - seems to have done wonders to raise Tharg's organ

If this isn't actionable slander I don't know what is.

Colin YNWA

CalHab

Has this been stopped or is it just on hold over Christmas? It hasn't been updated since mid-November. I'm missing it!