Main Menu

2000 AD Southern Contingent Christmas Gathering - Sat 19th December 2015

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 October, 2015, 04:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 December, 2015, 11:42:47 AM
Leaving in a bit - as she posted to facebook, Rachael is at a charity event today so won't be able to make it :-(
Speaking of which, many thanks to Super Surfer for the contribution to said charity!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

SuperSurfer

Quote from: sheridan on 12 December, 2015, 11:59:31 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 12 December, 2015, 11:42:47 AM
Leaving in a bit - as she posted to facebook, Rachael is at a charity event today so won't be able to make it :-(
Speaking of which, many thanks to Super Surfer for the contribution to said charity!
No probs.

Was a good laugh. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next gathering in Feb.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just for Proudhuff  ;)

My day started after 3 hours sleep and as I waited for the train, I bumped into one of the droids and so we traveled up together. Obviously we chatted about loads of stuff and it was rather enjoyable. Once we arrived at Forbidden Planet he had to go into the bowels and start signing stuff and so I wandered about as the contingent gathered.

I grabbed a McDonald's with Simon Palmer and while there witnessed about 50 semi naked men run past us, for charity! Only a few moments later a Scimitar Recce tank drove past :o London, eh!

We wandered back up the road for the signing and joined the queue and then chatted with everyone from the contingent. The signing was enjoyable, as always but we also saw a droid hiding in the shadows, so we got Mr Willsher to sign the Christmas Prog as well.

We then all wandered along the road to the pub but some of the lads had beaten us to it and so the tables had been procured already for us to sit around :thumbsup:

Soon after we did the draw for the signed America book and the winner of it is shown in this video taken inside the pub AND THE WINNER IS.....

Shortly after that the fire alarm went off and after sitting there for a good five minutes we were all told to drink outside, just to be safe and being the South, it was a rather pleasant afternoon, so we all did as we were told.

A bit later on I had to scoot off, as I had work to go to. Long story short, I was off the next Saturday and that was originally the date, until we saw the Signing event and changed it but I couldn't get the time off.

And finally, the photos!

First up, The Droids

And now for us lot (you may have seen a couple in that last photo)

And the obligatory group shot but with a few missing, as nearly always happens!

I would put the names to everyone but I think everyone is known by now ;)

Just a heads up, the next gathering will be at LSCC on the Saturday night at the Fox on the 20th of February. I'll do a post soon'ish!

COMMANDO FORCES

Bugger, I didn't have to scroll the images when I kept previewing them, just to make sure they uploaded.

Proudhuff

That's some great photoshopping CF!  ;)
Do you need to have these to be a Droid:

Great to see DUNK!'s limp wrist getting the support it needs.

The Norts are going to up their game numbers wise, (obviously the quality's better)
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

ah, there's poor Dunk with his broken arm - at last he's beer-ambidextrous!