Main Menu

IZombie

Started by TordelBack, 25 January, 2016, 10:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Anyone watching this? Two episodes in and I think it's actually rather fun in an Angel sort of way. High concept exposition is remarkably, almost shockingly, brisk, dialogue is occasionally sharp and Rose McIver and Malcolm Goodwin are a good pairing as 'Cagney and Pasty'. I could handle a little less introspective musing VO, but there's still a lot to like, not least Mike Allred's credit sequence.

I read the comic for a while and mildly enjoyed that too, and there seems to be quite a bit of divergence (although I like 'Gewn's punnish new moniker: Liv Moore). That said, elements are introduced so rapidly that it may get round to the wider supernatural tone later.

ThryllSeekyr

I've seen this advertised, but only on the internet, so I don't when It will be showing on the television screen near me.

Funny thing is....that reminds me of girl I know. She had her hair dyed that colour and she's on my Steam friend list if you care to look. She doesn't look like a zombie though, she just looks a lot like that girl and with same colour hair. Like right now, she has different hair, she's always changing her hair colour these days.

She must a new kind zombie that isn't a rotter.

Reminds me of that zombie short with John Hedder who more like superhero zombie than one of the mindless undead.

I always thought it was about time we had something like this from the zombie perspective where they're turn out to be more cool than they usually shown to in television and film.

blackmocco

I like this one too, Tordelback. I loved the comic too although it sorta fizzled out by the end. The TV show's a much more conventional take but it's smart enough to make itself work.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com