Main Menu

Caballistics artwork

Started by SIP, 05 January, 2017, 05:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Just wondered if anyone knew what the going rate is for Dom's artwork pages from Caballistics? I can't seem to find any examples on eBay.

I have a five page episode I wanted to sell and I'm not sure where a ballpark figure is for them.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

SIP

Not sure what the name of the episode is - will go and take some pics and upload them.

SIP

I think this is from "creepshow" episode 7.  The second page is in a frame under glass. Apologies for the rushed quality pictures.

Cheers.

SIP

Link Prime

Wake was previously selling Caballisitics, Inc pages from £30 to £60;

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=collector&page=artsale&choice=DOMR&Comic=Artist

I don't think that has been updated for a few years, so I'd definitely price them higher than that, subjectively £75 - £100 a page.

They're great by the way.

Bolt-01

And a set, too. Hopefully SIP can part with them as a whole.

SIP

Thanks guys. Yeah, preference would be as a set as it seems a shame to split them up......and it also makes shipping a little easier!

They are fantastic pages, but needs must. I wondered if they had appreciated at all, didn't think that they would have done to be honest.

Colin YNWA

There's a Facebook group 2000ad Original Comic Artwork if you face da book might well be worth joining that as there's plenty of people with a LOT of experience of these things there. Might be able to give you a price?

SIP

Thanks Colin, will look into that.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested I'm more than happy to entertain any reasonable offers before I head to ebay

Cheers
Simon.

Trout

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 January, 2017, 06:20:37 PM
There's a Facebook group 2000ad Original Comic Artwork if you face da book might well be worth joining that as there's plenty of people with a LOT of experience of these things there. Might be able to give you a price?

Is that the closed group? Just be aware that some of its most prominent members are wheeler-dealer types. Nothing wrong with being involved as long as you're making informed choices, of course.

I have a nice splash page from Cabs, so this was an interesting thread for me. Thanks!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trout on 06 January, 2017, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 January, 2017, 06:20:37 PM

Is that the closed group? Just be aware that some of its most prominent members are wheeler-dealer types. Nothing wrong with being involved as long as you're making informed choices, of course.

I have a nice splash page from Cabs, so this was an interesting thread for me. Thanks!

It is (closed group) and they are (some wheeler dealer types) BUT there's enough good folk there to keep it all honest I think. Certainly with my naively positive outlook!