Main Menu

Advice Please!

Started by NapalmKev, 23 January, 2017, 11:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 24 January, 2017, 10:35:27 AM
In fact, exactly the people who the introduction of ID checks at polling booths is deliberately intended to disenfranchise.

A page torn directly from the US's Republican Manual On Voter Suppression.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

matty_ae

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-38721900

If SportsDirect had been vigilant in asking to see all their employees passports, they would have discovered members of their workforce had had them taken off them and were being forced to work as slaves.

I don't think failing to do security checks even starts to cover SportsDirects failings as a employer...

Tjm86

Listening to the Government fall guy responsible for slavery, it seems that Sports Direct limits themselves to a line in a document as 'doing there bit to root out slavery in this country'.

You know, reading back that first sentence, it seems a little wrong.  Ah, mebbe its just me.

Satanist

I've been asked to do some travel for my company and didn't have nor currently need a valid passport. They paid for it. I would suggest trying the same route though it is odd that they need this now.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Satanist on 25 January, 2017, 10:22:21 AM
it is odd that they need this now.

Really? You can't think of anything happening right now that might make companies more inclined to confirm that their employees have the right to reside and work in the UK?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.