Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

Marvellous news. No codpieces though.  ;) It's fantabulous news and now we can speculate on who's playing Dreddy. is it me?

I hope it's Karl! or he can have a bit part as my comedy side kick. Ouch stop throwing things at me.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Buttonman

Exciting! Wonder if it will be a network or Amazon or Netflix or once of the cable jobbies like Showtime or HBO? Hopefully some names attached will see a bidding frenzy!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I chose the right time to come back to the Board, obviously. Maybe I knew. Ah, maybe I did. Maybe I'm in the running to play Judge Throbb, the devilishly handsome Sector Chief who has a secret, which won't be revealed until episode 12 of series one. Clue: I'm secretly possessed by Judge Fear.
Whatever, it's tremendous news. Let's hope our illustrious Minty/S&D team get a crack at an episode, at least.
SBT

SIP

Such great news.

If I can just see Karl's name attached to this I could die happy. Please let it happen!

Mark Taylor

"The plan is to make the series an ensemble drama about a team of Judges" - very cool, exactly what I was hoping for.

My advice to the producers: watch every damn episode of Hill Street Blues, and learn. Whilst I'm not saying they should be aiming to make "HSB with Judges", I'd really like to see them replicate that sense of barely controlled anarchy the show often portrayed so successfully. It's perfect for Mega-City one, particularly if they go with the movie concept: "Twelve serious crimes reported every minute. Seventeen thousand per day. We can respond to around six percent."

Colin YNWA

Bloody hell, Judge Dredd telly show AND Smallbluething back on the forum. What a beautiful day.

Beeks

The day has finally arrived!

I'm so glad they are going to incorporate a little of the humour of the comic

Really hope Urban reprises the role :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Pete Wells

There's been an early production leak. I think it looks excellent:

Goaty

Beeks

Quote from: Pete Wells on 10 May, 2017, 07:26:48 PM

Haha just remembered the reaction on here when the film Lawmaster pics were leaked  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Hawkmumbler

Rusty

If it is being filmed in the UK, chances are that it'll be in Belfast. HBO will have no further need for the massive studios they used for Game of Thrones. Besides, Belfast was already in the opening sequence of Dredd. The place is practically Mega City One at times.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Pete Wells on 10 May, 2017, 07:26:48 PM

Why is he not arresting the guy with the T-shirt that says something about comics on it. He probably has a bagful of illegal comics. Get 'im, Dreddy!

Woolly

Fan[spoiler]fucking[/spoiler]tastic!

This time, I'm going to be all over the thread like a rash and get MY board-name immortalised in MC-1!
Filming in the UK you say? Better still, I could get a part!
Judge Looks-A-Bit-Skinny-And-Rough. It could work, honest guv'!

Best news since we heard the 2012 film was in production. Bravo to all involved for getting this started  :thumbsup:

NapalmKev

Fantastic news, to be honest!

Cheers*

*if you need a mutant, here I am! I'm from the West Country so I should qualify  ;)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"