Main Menu

Positive sales news - no figures before you ask

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 March, 2018, 07:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 March, 2018, 07:08:00 AM
Personally I wouldn't touch Facebook with a barge pole, and that was before the recent revelations.  Even disregarding the rather cynical abuse of personal data, it has always been a particularly nasty part of the web to my mind.  FB have always operated with a degree of disregard for any obligations on their part to anyone other than themselves, it seems.  That does appear to come across in many of the fora over there.

It was founded on pretty awful principles - stealing photos of women from the university website and using them to generate a 'hot or not' style website on which women were most attractive.  Zuckerman and company don't appear to have developed their maturity or morality beyond that.

Professor Bear

Make up your bloody mind, The Forum.
The forum on DC comics: "well I want nothing less than to see the forensic analysis of their accounts you have undertaken going back at least the last decade before you can say they're doing poorly - how dare you insult Batman!"
The forum on Rebellion: "I accept anecdotal evidence from a single source on a Facebook post* that all is well."

I hope 2000ad is doing well.  Hopefully the Mega City One show will boost its profile a bit, or at least shift some trades.

* FROM MOLCHER!  HE THINKS IT'S SHARPE TIMES!

Colin YNWA

Touche.

Mind the difference is asserting things as fact and making extrapolations based on limited evidence. Or just showing the evidence and saying so this looks like good news let's be happy for a bit.