Main Menu

New Dr Who Trailer

Started by Tjm86, 20 September, 2018, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Be this good or bad it's going to be down to the quality of the scripts. The cast are all more than capable but I fear they may not be served well by the material they have to work with.
Ever the case with Doctor Who really.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Andy B

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 01 October, 2018, 12:12:54 AM
And as Tordels  says, your complaint is basically "How dare they try and make Doctor Who look more entertaining?"

Do you realise how stupid that sounds?

This kind of thing is why it pays to stay off Dr Who forums.

I like that the trailers are fairly vague about what's actually going to happen. I've never known less about a new series before it starts, and that's exciting.

Steve Green

Sounds like a planet from Strontium Dog.

Andy Lambert

Quote from: Andy B on 04 October, 2018, 06:17:23 PM
I like that the trailers are fairly vague about what's actually going to happen. I've never known less about a new series before it starts, and that's exciting.

This. ^^^

IndigoPrime

Yep. I felt the trailer was a bit flat, but I do like its vagueness. I'm sick of watching trailers (especially for movies) where you get to the end and think: well, I don't need to bother watching that now.

TordelBack

Well that wasn't too bad!  Bit of a downer there at the end,  and it felt like a pretty tired retread of a plot,  but generally I enjoyed it, and the new cast.  So are they going to try to rescue the [spoiler]trophies[/spoiler]?

Whitaker doing a decent Eccleston on occasion too!

Colin YNWA

It was solid with added Sheffield.

Pretty typical of first stories for new Doctors they tend to be easier stories to allow room for characters to be introduced. And therefore the fact that the characters where decent is pretty good. We all need time to settle in to all the new stuff but that was a fine start.

Glad to be back on board.

Andy Lambert

Yeah, that's my Doctor...! 😀

Colin YNWA

Should we get the new series a new thread so we can move on from... the other stuff?

Andy Lambert

Leigh S

Yeah I enjoyed that, bar some odd accents/acting - is Ryan meant to be a Brummie? Very much an Eccleston era vibe, which is no bad thing

anyway, could we give the episode (or at least the series) it's own thread, like in the old days when people seemed to have something to say about Dr Who? Then I can ask why the DNA bombs? :P