Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

sheridan

Great news Radbacker - shame about the timing re: family.

Michael Knight

Something Fishy

Lots of great news of babies and houses here.   Congrats all.

JayzusB.Christ

Congrats, Radbacker!

I am now officially living in my boat, having transferred the last of my belongings here the other day.  It's hard to beat it on a summer's evening, with the roof rolled back and mother ducks with their ducklings swimming past.

I haven't got quite the view that Link Prime has, but the tree-studded hills, farms and rolling fields aren't too shabby either.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Congrats Radbacker, best fun you will ever have!  And nice one Jayzus!

Having an odd sort of holiday at the moment, away camping and travelling around in the Continental Bureaucratic Hegemony itself, but of sad necessity trying to type reports at night while the family slumbers in the tent beside me. 

But that's by way of context: this morning I found I'd somehow lost my new-and-only packet of right-eye disposable contact lenses, naturally rendering the remaining left-eye packet nought but a cruel taunt.  Despite scouring the tent, campsite, the toilet block etc, contacting the owners and the cleaning contractors, no sign was forthcoming. Waste of money aside, this left me badly (rightly?) fecked for the rest of the trip - until my 11 year old appeared holding said lenses aloft. 

On his own initiative, he had delved to the bottom of the communal bin in the campsite toilets and found them.  I never imagined some fecker would chuck a big pack of found lenses in the bin, and even if it had occurred, I'm not sure I'd have tackled the bin in a late-June campsite toilet. 

So my Drokkin' Fantastic bit is not really the relief at not having to rely on a heavily scratched out-of-date-prescription pair of glasses for the next few weeks, but more the sudden realisation of what a thoughtful and dedicated lad my eldest is.  Rightly proud (and grateful) I am. 

Although I waited until he'd showered to give him his well-earned hug.

The Legendary Shark

This forum needs a "like" button!

Nice one, Tordels, and the award of a Krill Tro Tordello to your lad.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Moved jobs to a new permanent role as a tech lead three months ago, having been back to being fully well and full time for a year.  It was a big step back up but a huge opportunity.  Pleased to say I completed the probation today so all confirmed perm.   Very pleased.

Also son finishes his a levels tomorrow and thus far feels happy with them (needs 3 A's to get his first choice chemical physics at Bristol so fingers crossed for him).

Amazing reading the news of new babies and realising that nearly 19 years has already passed since I had that experience.  Enjoy it folks.  It's the best thing I ever did for sure.

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one, Fishy! Not bad for a man who was led to believe he going blind not too long ago.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Aye, great news, Fishy. You're an inspiration!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 June, 2017, 04:38:12 PM
Nice one, Fishy! Not bad for a man who was led to believe he going blind not too long ago.

exactly that Jayz!  if they had not found that mrsa then who knows where I would be.   Blessed mate.

Something Fishy

Something Fishy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 June, 2017, 07:46:44 AM
This forum needs a "like" button!

Nice one, Tordels, and the award of a Krill Tro Tordello to your lad.
and agreed.. Tordels boy needs that award!

still this form is blessed by Tordels and the Shark.

Tiplodocus

Tiny Tips has just passed his Grade 8 Piano with a DISTINCTION and we have been drinking wine and listening to him play his exam pieces plus also impromptu by ear renditions of Rocketeer , Miller's Crossing, Last of Mohicans and and First Contact.

I don"t know where he gets it from. I have no musical talent (so little that the Doctor may have secretly videos me). But then again, the milkman was always whistling.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!