Main Menu

A message from the writer of STALAG 666

Started by Tony_Lee, 22 October, 2008, 10:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeblues69

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"Listen, any incarnation of the internet where we can't hold an honest-to-god witch hunt based entirely on ill-founded suspicion, uninformed opinion and illogical prejudice is not any kind of internet I[/i] want to a part of, let me tell you, bub!

I've got a pitchfork and a flaming torch, and I'm convinced they're up to no good in that there castle! Who's with me?

I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

DavidXBrunt

I like the fact that great minds are now studying this thread and looking for clues as to who sent the missive...

Goaty

jakeblues69

Quote from: "DavidXBrunt"I like the fact that great minds are now studying this thread and looking for clues as to who sent the missive...
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

Kev Levell

This is deeply disturbing and disgusting. You hear of these things in urban myths - but someone actually doing it? that's demented. Whoever did this should be made to eat their words (well, at least the contents of their letters)...

Tony, I look forward to seeing what you come up with next for 2000AD as Stalag 666 seemed pretty (good) regular fare to me.

Criticism is merely opinion and the act of freedom of speech is good in rational intelligent beings - dirty protests are usually the sort of thing reserved for prisons and mental hospitals - one of these places is where the miscreant responsible for this outrage deserves to be.

As a wannabe comic creator, I find the concept of this level of hatred frightening. :shock:

Tu-plang

As an infrequent boarder here the controversy over Stalag 666 has completely slipped me by, but I have to say that any overt negativity directed at this story leaves me baffled. It's a solid genre piece, not exactly original, but entirely readable and very old-school 2000AD, and I've been reading it first or second most weeks. The idea that someone should feel *that* strongly about it is (as others have already said) mental, pathetic, saddening and hilarious all at the same time.

I'm an aspiring tooth writer myself, and with a few rejections under my belt I can't imagine what that guy would send *me* through the post.

DavidXBrunt

Tu-plang, to save me the bother of searching out your adress e-mail it to me and we'll cut out the wait...

Jack_Cade

Had to register just to say what profoundly depressing news this is. I'm really enjoying Stalag 666. I've only started reading 2000AD properly, on a weekly basis, recently and it was Stalag 666 that properly hooked me. Sure it's not flawless - some miscoordination with the artist seems to have resulted in Corden having his arm stitched back on and his intestines put back in before being re-shot, and lately Holland can't seem to go a few panels without lamping Chapman - but it has a great pulp feel to it, some genuinely shocking moments, plus a bit of intrigue. Maybe I can hunt down Tony Lee's address and send him a letter that's been stained with smeared with some gourmet chocolate. Or maybe that will go down the wrong way ...

Emperor

It made Lying in the Gutters.

Guess the headline:

[spoiler]POO THOUSAND A.D.[/spoiler]

QuoteTony Lee, on how enraged "2000AD" readers not only hate his strip "Stalag #666" but also of one reader who sent excrement to a previous address of his.

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18583

Both 2000 AD and Tony Lee  get another (separate) mention in the same column.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

Jim's right its those weirdo's in the castle, we've not had a good witchhunt around these parts for...  woooo, about a month now. lets sicc em
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Wonder if it done by Ross and Brand???  :?

Pete Wells

Aw man, that Brand and Wossy thing is getting so out of hand. Yes, it was ill advised and very stupid (but I'll admit very funny) but you'd think they murdered Andrew Sachs the way some of the media are going on!

mogzilla

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"A very quick note to agree with pretty much all the sentiments expressed thus far, particularly the recommendation that this is flagged with the Constabulary.

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that Mongo should choose this exact moment to spontaneously post a message of gushing admiration for Stalag 666 on a.c.2000AD, by the way?

Cheers!

Jim

who is mongo?and whats ac2000ad? is i missing a tooth site somewhere?

cheers yer sel' jim

Proudhuff

Quote from: "Pete Wells"Aw man, that Brand and Wossy thing is getting so out of hand. Yes, it was ill advised and very stupid (but I'll admit very funny) but you'd think they murdered Andrew Sachs the way some of the media are going on!

bet his granddaughter is mortified, a silly schoolboy prank on some midnight show that no many people hear or cared about is now on every news channel ...  for the rest of her days the first question she'll get is 'Well did he?'
DDT did a job on me

coastguardjackuk

On behalf of all sensible squaxx I would like to apologise to you Tony for whoever that muppet was. Don't let it get to you man. Personally, I enjoy Stalag 666. As long as you remember that for 99.999999999% of us, even with a story we might not like we have nothing but respect and admiration for someone who gets something published in 2000ad. I suspect the dickwad is a bitter and twisted failed writer who thinks your story is not as good as his and that he could do better. The fact is (and I hope you are reading this DICKWAD), Matt isn't the editor of the galaxies greatest for nothing. He knows talent and imagination when he sees it and wouldn't have commisioned it without damn good reason. Us real fans of 2000ad are a family and like any family we stick together against people who try to intimidate and frighten us. Go back to whatever hole you crawled from and don't EVER show your face round here again. Tony, you are an extremely talented writer and I am ashamed that someone who obviously considers themselves a comics fan could do something so disgusting and unintelligent. Yours, with a sad heart... Postcardjackuk
Building up a nice crust since 1969...