Main Menu

Mega-City Masters 02

Started by Tu-plang, 18 January, 2011, 10:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tu-plang

Dear Hivemind,

It's been... 2 years since my last post.

I've just bought Megacity Masters 01 as a birthday present to myself and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Some of this annual stuff I've never seen before, and some of the prog 400ish stuff I must have forgotten, but its bloody great.

Has anyone got a copy of the second one, and if so, whats in it?

Dash Decent

"The Comeback" (prog 513) - Michael Jackson/Prince character
"That Sweet Stuff" (prog 613)
"Talk Back" (prog 740)
"The Marshal" (progs 800-803)
"Judge Tyrannosaur" (prog 855)
"Book of the Dead" (progs 859-866) - Egyptian Dredd
"Rad Blood" (progs 895-896)
"Statue of Judgement" (prog 954)
"Dominoes" (prog 1482)
"Birthday Boy" (progs 1613-1616)
"High Spirits" (progs 1640-1643)
"Rehab" (progs 1644-1648)
It also includes a covers gallery, a brief glossary (Juve, Resyk, etc) and a rather poor cover (IMHO).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Tu-plang

Thanks Dash!

Well - that's a pretty poor selection. Skip!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 January, 2011, 10:48:58 AM
"The Comeback" (prog 513) - Michael Jackson/Prince character
JAXON PRINCE :lol:

TordelBack

While I get the 'cool creators r cool' idea, every time I see that line-up I can't help thinking it's designed to put people off the strip.  It includes a surprising number of my least-favourite stories.

Dash Decent

Tu-plang - glad I could help.

I enjoyed MC Masters 01, but MCM 02 was a wash out (I like the Domino story though.  How many stories has she been in?  Two?).  I'm willing to take a punt on MCM 03.  Hopefully they won't change the proposed cover because going by MCM 02 it may be the only thing I actually like about it!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Monarch

the book of the dead...

thats the one with the conveyer belts and an unstoppable immortal psychopath(tm) right?

marcusninja

I agree for the most part Mega City Masters 02 was crap stores - did enjoy exploring other Mega Cities though, even if the stories were lacklustre.  I also liked the domino story and the excorcist judge one had stunning art.  Absolutely beautiful. 

For anyone wondering why it kind of sucked it's because they focused on the writing side of the "masters" equation this time.  As we all know, a real mega-city masters based on writing would just be regular Wagner (with occasional Grant) stories.  This volume makes it absolutely clear that those two are the only writers who have ever understood what makes Dredd worth reading. 

PS The cover by John Romita Jr. I think is fantastic - though I would have liked to see it inked.  He is one of my favourite American artists - actually, judging by which 2000AD artists are most popular on this board I'd be surprised if people didn't get into his gritty style.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 January, 2011, 11:40:45 AM
Hopefully they won't change the proposed cover because going by MCM 02 it may be the only thing I actually like about it!

Amazon UK are now displaying different covers for MCM 03 and Real Mean.  Much preferred the draft MCM 03 cover.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll