Main Menu

Alien: Isolation

Started by von Boom, 25 April, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: HdE on 09 October, 2014, 02:46:50 AM
I feel secure enough in my earthbound sexuality to say that, YES, the Alien WAS naked (seriously? Ever seen thaat thing in clothes? What's it supposed to wear? A hawaiian shirt and surf pants? :p)

A hat and a cane, dude - a hat and a cane!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc

Goaty

So off the topic, is the game good?

Jon

There's a game!?

I thought Alien: Isolation was just a general description of the thread....

;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jon on 09 October, 2014, 10:00:35 AM
There's a game!?

I thought Alien: Isolation was just a general description of the thread....

;)

Well played, sir!

CrazyFoxMachine

TordelBack

Please make this thread go away. The giggles don't make up for the unpleasantness.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 October, 2014, 10:30:00 AM
Please make this thread go away. The giggles don't make up for the unpleasantness.

chiaroscuro, dude chiaroscuro.
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

What have malevolent movie reels got to do with it?

Cpt Rhodes

Crew Expendable is a great adrenaline rush. A quick 'arcade' experience.

The main game is much like the film, slow paced at first but once the Alien makes it's appearance you really start to feel under threat.
It's amazing how much of a constant feeling of dread you get when you know it's around.

So far it's good fun and scary in equal measure.

ThryllSeekyr

I apologise for any unpleasantness that came from any of my commentary, but some of you have admitted that the aliens are naked and that could mean you also understand there whole method for reproduction which as always been shown uncensored in each of the films is very explicit.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: King Pops on 08 October, 2014, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: HdE on 08 October, 2014, 10:36:52 PM
I've literally only JUST seen the Alien, and it was a pants sh*tting experience! Really good stuff indeed.

Yes, but was it naked and did you fancy it?
Neither phallic nor yonic enough for me.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 October, 2014, 12:26:35 PM
I apologise for any unpleasantness that came from any of my commentary

Now, y'see, that's more like it...

Quotebut

And that, right there, is where you went wrong. There's great big hole of skin-crawling creepiness. You're in it. You dug it. Stop digging.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rog69

I'm a couple of hours into this and so far I am enjoying it.

just a couple of minor niggles so far, the save system sucks, can we please go back to games letting us save where we want and having multiple slots please. Also, having the game drop to my desktop because my screensaver kicks in when I'm watching a longer cut scene is a bit of an immersion breaker.

I don't so much mind not being able to jump but seeing corridors blocked by a row of knee height packing cases that a toddler could step over feels a bit stupid.

Minor whinges aside though the game is great, I love the overall design and the sound and lighting are great. No quick time events either (so far) although making the player pointlessly press combinations of keys to perform some actions is a bit of a baffling feature.

TordelBack

Quote from: Rog69 on 10 October, 2014, 11:59:11 AM
I'm a couple of hours into this and so far I am enjoying it

The thread or the game?

Quote from: Rog69 on 10 October, 2014, 11:59:11 AM
....making the player pointlessly press combinations of keys to perform some actions is a bit of a baffling feature.

Ah, the thread.

Goaty