Main Menu

Cardiff Comic Expo 2012

Started by bluemeanie, 10 September, 2011, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIKE COLLINS

Quote from: stacey on 27 February, 2012, 04:52:44 PM
It was also nice to chat with so many Droids and had a fantastic long chat with Mike Collins who I am officially in love with

I thought you were lovely too, Stace-- you Iz and Lizzie were brilliant at corralling (and in the case of the other Mike C, Carrolling) us Droids who aren't used to being out in the brightness of daylight (it's why we lurk in bars). The 2000AD panel was one of my all time convention highlights-- if it wasn't for the Rugby, I think we'd still be there, it was great fun (and I'm sure there were at least a dozen more inappropriate questions from Leigh Gallagher). I barely restrained my geeking over Mick McMahon, when I was talking about Slaine, and Gordon Rennie actually paid my art a complement (though he didn't know it was by me, hi ho).

All in all, the show went great, the Johnny Alpha outfit is really intimidating in real life (in a good way) and stood out amongst some of the excellent cosplay costumes on show.
I'll be there next year again, and not just because it's a convention I can walk home from.

Proudhuff

Quote from: MsMeanie on 28 February, 2012, 12:01:35 PM
the way he handled a nearly naked man dancing on a table in front of his Mrs in the pub on Saturday was superb.

:o
DDT did a job on me

MsMeanie

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 February, 2012, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: MsMeanie on 28 February, 2012, 12:01:35 PM
the way he handled a nearly naked man dancing on a table in front of his Mrs in the pub on Saturday was superb.

:o

...ah  :-\  not Quite what i meant  :-[

HOO-HAA

Good to see some boarders at the Cardiff Comic Expo. Great show (even if I did miss all the best action, while up in the secret dealer's room!) :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Finally sorted the 2000AD panel out onto youtube, what a fiasco! Part two uploaded straight away but it's taken me this long to sort out part bloody one  >:(

Anyway, I'll be changing it to public soon!

bluemeanie

Dates for next year now confirmed

2-3 March

COMMANDO FORCES