Main Menu

The Dredd VS Death official discussion thread

Started by James, 16 October, 2003, 07:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

OK, as I?ve said before I?m not the biggest game player, but have been in practice, getting the old thumbs and reflexes all honed for the games release.
Got the game this morning and set about playing it, starting with the training level just to get in to the swing of things. Pick up my helmet, jump & crouch, dead easy, then walk up to the robot to arrest it, well that should be easy been playing the demo for ages, hit the buttons I?ve got the old thumbs used to and punch the bloody robots head off 8-)

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

WoD

Heh,
I mistook the tech judge for the robot and gave him a smack in the chops for all his efforts.  He was still surprisingly civil when I came back a few minutes later.

Is anyone playing it online at the mo?  If so, has anyone tried with a dial-up connection?

WoD.

James

bloke

What does the ps2 version have by way of MP modes; i find i get more out of a game if it has decent replay value (i generally dont play stories over and over).

WoD

Do I need to go through Gamespy to play this online, or is there another way around it?  And is gamespy a pay-to-play service these days?

Cheers.

WoD

paulvonscott

Well, just been round Satchmo's and yeah, looks good.  Lots of silly jokes and references which is good.

Mk13

"hit the buttons I?ve got the old thumbs used to and punch the bloody robots head off 8-)"

ROFLMAO!

Don't worry, that's happened to me more than a few times too - at one point I was developing quite a reputation within the Justice Department for chinning Med-Judges.

RPHawtin

WoD it's easier to play thorough Gamespy (which is free to use, but you can subscribe if you play alot of games). I play on a 56K modem and it works perfectly fine, but most other players are on broadband and have a ping of 50ms, whereas , mines 150ms!! It still works okay though.

WoD

Thanks RPH, I forgot to install gamespy when putting the game on the PC, so I will have a go tonight and try to get a game in over the next couple of days.  I wish I still had ISDN in my house, or that I could get (or justify broadband), but never mind.

Are there many boarders playing it online?

W. R. Logan

>Are there many boarders playing it online?

If someone comes up with a DvD nite and gets the board to join in I'll take part. Getting good at knocking heads off and blatting away with the wrong ammo 8-?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

W. R. Logan

Loaded the game on to my PC but although it plays fine from my settings when her indoors goes on to her desktop I cant get the CD key to enter so she can dispense justice.
Any tips from more PC wise boarders would be helpful.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

McNulty

My PC copy arrived today, via Amazon, but after I installed it, I got an error message.

"A required .DLL file, D SOUND.DLL, was not found"

Has anyone else had this error message? If so, HELP!!!!

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

WoD

I went online last night, but my ping is pants and I was easy fodder.  If we can get a board night together that would be good.

James

Is it worth me getting a PC version to play online? I've got XBXO but would happily buy another for online fun 'n frolics.