Main Menu

Kill Bill

Started by Mangamax, 18 October, 2003, 07:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

i would say wait. and get the directors cut. which is bound to happen.

though to note the scene within the restuarant. its a bloody rip off! off a 70s golden harvest movie.it was on the mandarin(chinese) channel the other day at 1am here in singapore. i was amazed he litterally copied move for move.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tiplodocus

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

I thoroughly enjoyed this as well.  I must admit, I was a bit suprised to see a "based upon" in the end credits but still gave QT top marks for telling stories (sometimes about telling stories) in interesting ways.

I know the "Chapter" breakdown thing is done pretty regularly in movies but it's not foften you see the "chapters" told in different styles.  

I took the anime style for the O Ren Ishii section was to show that the Bride was relating the story to the audience in the way that O Ren had related it to her.  I'm not big on the cinema that this section emulates but can someone tell me if they have overblown spaghetti western style scores as well?

The violence was absolutely top notch as well.  Watching the earlier scenes I was a bit worried that if it maintained the grisly yet vaguely realistic level of the scenes in the Coma Ward, that I'd be leaving the cinema traumatised after the showdown in the tea house.  However, all it took was a couple of shots of blood gushing fountain like from necks and arms to put my mind at rest (strange that).

(That fight against the blue grid screen is an Elvis thing isn't it?)

I wasn't sure of the logic of hiding in the car after the Coma Ward scene? Surely someone would have discovered the bodies after THIRTEEN hours and come looking for the Pussy Wagon?

I'd like to watch it again because I actually reckon there was some very hip and quotable dialogue - it just all happened to be subtitled.

And what an outstanding last line (though the wife guessed it).

Volume II? Yes please.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Art

Was the van a-rockin'? Cos then for sure people would know not to come a-knockin'.

Tiplodocus

One other thought was that I'll be interested in seeing the two films released on DVD (can't have them in the house - would get pestered too much by the kids wanting to watch them).

Given that this was a studio decision to hack the film in two, does anyone think that the whole thing be edited in an entirely different style to the two shorter films were?

JTurner

Do you mean the "Based on an idea by Q&U"?

Quentin & Uma. They came up with the idea whilst shooting Pulp Fiction.

Tiplodocus

Doh!  heh heh! Here was me assuming it was some Hong Kong film and that Q and U were anglicised names.

fred

'nuff said...http://www.howstrange.com/gallery/kill_bill_oddie.jpg">