Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: .Woolly on 18 February, 2010, 05:22:28 PM
TimeMachine is a brilliant idea, but it takes up a ridiculous amount of hard drive space.

Well, it really warrants a dedicated drive, but given the price of HDDs these days, I don't really see the issue with that.

QuoteYou're also still f*cked if the drive blows up...

Which, sadly, happened to mine. It's a question of how much redundancy you're prepared to build into your system back-up procedures. I'm looking into an online/Cloud-based solution as a back-up to my back-ups, since there's a limit to how many drives I'm prepared to have sitting on my desk!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Ryan Thomason

Something I made when I was feeling particularly lazy round Christmas:

staticgirl

Shetland I love your lino-cuts! It's nice to see someone doing something modern with it.  I tried linocutting once and nearly sliced my finger off!

Bolt-01

Quite pleased with this. A private commission for a little girls birthday.

Kev Levell

That's lovely. I'd be chuffed with that!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

That's an impressive piece there - if it was a page from a Harry Potter comic (odd they haven't licensed anything but I notice DC just recruited the HP publicist... and I wonder if comic book sequels loom when the books run out?) I don't think the reader would be disappointed to find that between the covers. It is also a very nice colouring job too.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Bolt-01

Ah, forgot to say- it was coloured by Mel cook- who is doing the colours for the Insomnia book I'm lettering. BLOG here.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Emperor on 23 February, 2010, 02:01:31 PM
That's an impressive piece there - if it was a page from a Harry Potter comic... I don't think the reader would be disappointed to find that between the covers.

I can't do better than echo that sentiment. Great stuff!
@jamesfeistdraws

locustsofdeath!

Yeah, the big center panel is especially nice. That must have been quite a birthday present, bet the reaction from the girl was fantastic!

TordelBack

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 23 February, 2010, 04:54:24 PM
That must have been quite a birthday present, bet the reaction from the girl was fantastic!

Too true, can you imagine getting something like that [related to your own interests, obviously] as a present?  Your head would explode!  Top marks also due to whoever thought of the idea in the first place.  I'm now imagining my son getting a page of comic art showing him and Captain Rex blasting droids together... I think we'd have to dose him with sedatives first.

Bolt-01

Tord- Back in 2006 my little girl was turning the big 5, so I asked an artist I new from FQ to draw a pic for her.

The artist was Stewart McKenny and he'd just landed the job drawing Star Wars adventues for Dark Horse.

The original is framed in my little girls bedroom.

TordelBack

Oh, we know who Stewart McKenny is in our house!  I sensibly bought all ten of the original Clone Wars Adventures books (which are among the greatest Star Wars comics ever produced... Volume 3 in particular is pretty much perfect comics) for my own amusement, never dreaming that I would be reading at least one aloud every damn night for months on end...  Oh for a return to The Whale and the Snail!

McKenny's "The Drop" and "Heroes on Both Sides" are two of TordelBoy's favourites (despite the serious moral ambiguity of the latter).  The man draws a mean Ugnaught Jedi.    

Awesome Shaak Ti, BTW, lucky girl!