Main Menu

The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance

Started by Andy Lambert, 18 May, 2017, 09:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

Just found out The Dark Crystal will be getting a prequel tv series on Netflix.
What do ya make of that then...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-1aaZgmNJM

Colin YNWA

Okay not much to go on there but glad they are trying.

Andy Lambert

One to watch out for perhaps...
Updates to follow as and when they're available...

Andy Lambert

It'll be 10 episodes long, and it will start shooting in the UK this autumn.
Louis Leterrier (Now You See Me, The Incredible Hulk) will be executive producer and director.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dweezil2

I must be one of the few people who was never overly impressed with the original movie and am rather surprised that it has garnered classic status over the years.  :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Goaty

I maybe only one that think this is perfect film that don't need sequels or prequels.

And it not same without Jim Henson as it was his project/personal film.

Andy Lambert

It will be made by the Jim Henson Company so I'm sure they will treat the project with respect.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dweezil2 on 19 May, 2017, 10:13:26 AM
I must be one of the few people who was never overly impressed with the original movie and am rather surprised that it has garnered classic status over the years.  :o

Like Time Bandits, Watership Down and The Plague Dogs, it's fairly unique and atypical of what kids films generally look like. Even though it's been made a little more accessible than it originally was in its earlier cuts - very little English dialogue - it's still rare to see that kind of eclectic and creepy vision get the big-screen treatment. It'd never get made for the multiplex these days so it's interesting to see didn't platforms developing more obscure content.

Andy Lambert

I think it's a great fantasy film and is technically unique and brilliant. Having said that, I've never understood the appeal of Labyrinth or The Goonies, so I can appreciate not everyone would like The Dark Crystal.

JOE SOAP

I mean different rather than didn't.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 19 May, 2017, 11:44:53 AM
I think it's a great fantasy film and is technically unique and brilliant. Having said that, I've never understood the appeal of Labyrinth or The Goonies, so I can appreciate not everyone would like The Dark Crystal.

I was never much a fan of those and I think TDC has aged better than either.

Andy Lambert

Totally agree with you there, JOE...

JamesC

I liked The Dark Crystal but the twist was so obvious that it ruined things a bit.

The Goonies is horrible shouty rubbish but it's well made and I can see why people appreciate its feel of adventure.

Labyrinth is an imaginative, fun film and I know for a fact that many young girls (at the time) were quite affected by David Bowie's performance and tight trousers (my girlfriend is one of them - you don't want to know what gets talked about on the Facebook group :-\)

As for dark kids films - the one that always sicks in my mind is The Secret of Nimh. I haven't seen it for years but it freaked me out a bit at the time.   

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 May, 2017, 10:02:10 AM
Nobody reading the comic book sequel? :-)

Wow - whow! What?

How did I miss that one. Is this available as a hard copy does anyone know? Si Spurrier, Dark Crystal, that's gotta be good.