Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

Brian Hanrahan, BBC reporter, 61.

Anyone who's old enough to remember the Falklands will know what a great reporter he was.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12037973

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Lee Bates on 20 December, 2010, 11:49:32 AM
Quote from: pops1983 on 18 December, 2010, 03:48:09 PM
The torture never stops

Wasn't that Zappa?
Aye, but our dear departed Captain did the vocals. They collaborated a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCCKrpCQDM
You may quote me on that.

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Spaceghost

Quote from: pops1983 on 21 December, 2010, 01:09:53 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 20 December, 2010, 11:49:32 AM
Quote from: pops1983 on 18 December, 2010, 03:48:09 PM
The torture never stops

Wasn't that Zappa?
Aye, but our dear departed Captain did the vocals. They collaborated a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCCKrpCQDM

Wow, I've been listening to Zappa and Beefheart for years and I never knew that was the Captain on vocals.

Bongo Fury is one of my favourite albums and it captures the both of them at their live best.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Albion

That's Zappa on vocals on The torture never stops but that is indeed the Captain on the link to Willie The Pimp.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Adrian Bamforth

Wombles' creator Elisabeth Beresford.
Saw her interviewed some years back and she was quite charming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12079067

mogzilla

Just found out one of the kids from the special school where i work has died on xmas day! he had a trachy and it either came out or got blocked ,his poor parents found him in the morning...
  known the little fella since he started in nursery he was 13 when he died couldnt speak but had such a wicked sense of humour everybody who met him loved him to bits being from a muslim family the funeral is tomorrow .

Pete Wells

Aw that's awful Mogz. I once lost three bairns from my class in one year and it damn near broke me. First day back's going to be tough, really sorry to hear that mate.

There was a lovely Muslim lad at my special school called Tauheed who's dad had my local newsagents and kept my prog for me for years. Young Tauheed was hospitalised for the last few weeks of his life and his dad and relatives started an Internet campaign for his fellow Muslims to pray for him. Apparently on a specified date and time, hundreds of thousands of Muslims all over the planet were praying from him. Nice.

Devons Daddy

specail needs children have a high mortality rate sadly. i am aware my sister is of this group.for what it is worth, for the family, it was a terrible day but not there specail day. which would have compounded it all.

Brain hanrahan, I COUNTED THEM ALL OUT and I COUNTED THEM ALL BACK IN AGAIN! if i am not mistaken by your reference.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

mogzilla

cheers ,it's been one of those christmases first the loyal hound then this... hope we dont hear of any more next week.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Albion on 21 December, 2010, 02:30:27 PM
That's Zappa on vocals on The torture never stops but that is indeed the Captain on the link to Willie The Pimp.

Beefheart did the Vocals on The Man From Utopia, or was it Cheap Thrills, or maybe it was both. On a
You may quote me on that.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dandontdare

so now they're going to play all those records he didn't actually sing on.

I remember loving 'Ma Baker' when it came out - but I was only 10.

judgerufian

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 December, 2010, 11:39:50 PM
so now they're going to play all those records he didn't actually sing on.

I remember loving 'Ma Baker' when it came out - but I was only 10.

ha! he was a great frontman though and had some awesome moves. Fondly remember looking as a kid, at my folks Boney M covers and thinking they were the grooviest people on earth....and venus.