Main Menu

Greetings from the Pacific

Started by De_Polignac, 20 September, 2016, 07:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

De_Polignac

Hello everyone, long time lurker but new to the Dredd Universe and I can't get my hands on thrill power fast enough. I might be the only person in the islands of Hawaii that is a Dredd fan, and it sure is difficult to get the physical progs and megazines through my local shop (one of a handful in the entire central Pacific!) They have missed a few weeks which always manages to get me down.

Hope I can contribute a small amount to the discussion, and if anyone has advice for a better way to receive all the thrill power goodness in a remote location (not digital :lol:) let me know!

COMMANDO FORCES

Aloha :wave:

How far behind are the deliveries and did you watch the Dredd film on the islands and before anyone picks me up. I'm not implying that the place is third world. I'm curious as to how it went down over there, if it did at all.

De_Polignac

By two of the monthly packs, I ended up buying everything up until the current prog from the webshop instead of rely on whoever does the US distribution, I can't blame my local shop, I was the first person who has ever asked for 2000AD books. I sadly didn't see Dredd in theaters (Heresy I know) but Ive rented it numerous times from Amazon.

dweezil2

Welcome to the board De_Polignac!

Enjoy the thrills and lively discussion!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Okay so you live in Hawaii and you've making us feel bad cos gettin' the Galaxies Greatest is a problem... actually come to think of it...

Welcome aboard and have fun.

maryanddavid

sheridan

Welcome to the board!  How did you discover Dredd and 2000AD?  Enjoy the sun while it lasts, you're due the Pacific Gyre in about a century :)

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 02 October, 2016, 11:41:15 PM
Welcome to the board!  How did you discover Dredd and 2000AD?  Enjoy the sun while it lasts, you're due the Pacific Gyre in about a century :)

Just in case you haven't read the story I'm hinting at there - this cover should provide a clue!

Tony Angelino

Welcome aboard and can I be the first to say "Book 'em, Danno!".

Bet no one says that in Hawaii.

Michael Knight

Welcome mate! Nice to have a Dreddhead from beautiful Hawaii!
Its a friendly crowd on here.  :)