Main Menu

... time-travelling demon-hunting japanese warrior action...

Started by Daveycandlish, 05 April, 2012, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Yes indeed folks - Jikan, the time-travelling demon-hunting samurai, is back with another 90 pages of astonishing adventures!!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paragon-comic/the-jikan-chronicles-book-two/paperback/product-20036759.html

And if you buy a copy by 6th April you'll get a discount in the mystery sale :o

Combining the writing talents of Dirk Van Dom, Locustsofdeath, Christov and Legendary Shark with the artistic abilities of El Chivo, Dustin Parr, Chris Askham and daveycandlish for a fantastic awesome-tastic graphic novel (not to mention pin ups by Matt Soffe, Neil Ford and Rainbow Orchid creator Garen Ewing).
How can you not want one?

Don't bother with an egg this weekend - buy a book!

(and I'll be along shortly with some preview art...)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

locustsofdeath!

Well done putting this together, Davey!

...I think we need to give Jim Campbell a mention as well!  ;)

Daveycandlish

Cheers Pete!

Actually a big, nay huge, thanks to all the letterers; Jim Campbell, John Caliber, Filip Roncone, and Owen Watts - without whom this would not be out today - cheers guys! I owe you all a pint  :thumbsup:
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

Here's the first promo...

from Lord of Sores by locustsofdeath and Dustin Parr

Daveycandlish

locustsofdeath!

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

mygrimmbrother

Dave, you've out-Mignola'd me! That panel is absolutely brilliant.

Daveycandlish

Ah you spotted my influence for that tale then? ;)

Here's a panel by El Chivo

from the story Griffin's Bounty written by Dirk Van Dom

Van Dom

I love my Gryphons/Griffins me, in case you hadn't noticed!
(One of my son's is named Gryphon and all!! :)

I'm very lucky to have my wee scripties being brought to life by Davey and Chivo in this volumve, I've seen the finished artwork for all and every page is a treat. Looking forward to seeing this baby in the flesh...although I'll have to wait til September as I'm sure it would probably cost a bit to post one to Japan. There's always (I presume) an online version to keep me going though?

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Daveycandlish

A digital version you say?

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/PARAGONcomic

Now that would only cost you £1.50 - a bit of a bargain really!

This panel is from Noon by locustsofdeath and daveycandlish

Daveycandlish

And here's one by El Chivo which nicely sums up Book One!

Don't forget the lulu.com mystery discount finishes today :)

Daveycandlish

Jikan meets Dracula in Demeter by Legendary Shark and Chris Askham

So, anyone had a chance to read it yet? Let's here a verdict :P

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]