Main Menu

Resident Evil 4

Started by WoD, 20 July, 2007, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

I'm loving this a fair bit on the Wii, but would like some general advice regarding treasures.  Bascially, what is the best thing to do with these; do I hold on to them or sell them to the gun-dealer to get better weapons?  I worked out that some need to be combined to increase their value, so I'm holding on to these, but what about the rest and what about these when they are combined.

Thanks,
WoD.

Roger Godpleton

I basically just sold all of mine and kept the ones that could be combined.

A further piece of advice is that once you get onto the island later you NEED some sort of rifle so just keep this in mind.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

WoD

would this Island be the bit just after the thing in the lake?  If it is I need to back track a bit!!

The Amstor Computer

Hold on to the ones that can obviously be combined and sell the rest â?? spinels etc. Some treasures require multiple gems to be added to complete them and get maximum value, but if you find yourself in a tight spot youâ??re better off flogging an incomplete treasure to get the cash than holding out for a few thousand extra. To be honest though, it may not be until your second or third playthrough that you get all of the pieces for some of the major treasures.

WoD

So the spinels have no other purpose?

worldshown

Not played Resident Evil 4 myself but from the treasures FAQ on GameFAQ the spinels are only for selling.

The link is for the treasures FAQ which shouldn't give too much away about the rest of the game, though is based on the Gamecube and PS2 versions and may be diferent for the Wii.

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/931851/49254" target="_blank">http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/931851/49254

Roger Godpleton

I meant the island that ypu don't get to until act 4
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SamuelAWilkinson

Oddly enough, I just finished my first playthrough on this last night. Have to say it's pretty much the best third-person action game I've ever played.

If you want my advice, you'll beef up your best 9mm as often as you can - I relied on it all the way through.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

The Amstor Computer

Nope - the spinels are just there to be sold as you find them. Loving the new controls on this version, BTW - just wish we were getting a proper next RE on the Wii rather than the lightgun-esque RE: Umbrella Chronicles.

WoD

It's really impressed me this game.  And the controls are great.

Are there any other games on the Wii to be recommended especially for their controls?

Radbacker

Sonic's mot too bad, some of the level design can be a bit if and the back step mechanic is a bit squiffy but its fun over all and easy to control with simple tilts and thrusts(ohh errr).
I'm looking forward to that Japanese Golf game thats coming out(cant remember the title but its got the cute anime style to it) anybody played it yet, Wii was made for Golf games if they get it right.

CU Radbacker

SamuelAWilkinson

Zelda's pretty nice all over, too.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

The Amstor Computer

Radbacker --

Yeah, Sonic has some interesting "quirks" - most notably the awful backstep controls & the bizarre decision to gimp Sonic at the outset and force the player to play for several hours to get to a stage where he is relatively controllable. Aside from that, though, it's not too bad & can be a blast on the higher levels.

The golf game is Pangya - Golf with Style! and certainly seems to be worth a look. Trauma Centre: Second Opinion is out soon as well & that looks to be a fantastic remake of the DS title.

Something Fishy

Through getting the Wii i've started seekin gout some old GC stuff (never owned one), there are some real gems out there.

I'll keep playing this until i get some.  I'm taking my time, not even half way yet.

The Monarch

I didn't know you could combine some of the treasures!