Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Oh no. Daytime TV presenter Kristian Digby. That's a shocker.
STRIKE !!!

wild-seven

Quote from: House of Usher on 02 March, 2010, 07:52:39 AM
Oh no. Daytime TV presenter Kristian Digby. That's a shocker.

It's really sad, He seemed like a nice guy - can't wait for the Daily Heil's 'sensitive' coverage
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Richmond Clements

Never heard of the guy- but that's no age to be dying...

Mike Gloady

What daytime tv did he present?

Im already hearing that he died after a "solo sex game  when horribly wrong" - I predict more of this sensitive Hutchence/Carradine style coverage.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

staticgirl

Property shows mainly. He seemed a very nice, slightly plummy but not too posh, funny chap who'd get on marvellously with your mum. I'm quite sad.

wild-seven

I guess we should also issue an RIP for BBC 6 Music  :(
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Dandontdare

Quote from: wild-seven on 02 March, 2010, 01:07:26 PM
I guess we should also issue an RIP for BBC 6 Music  :(

Don't bury it yet - everybody seems to be doing frantic u-turns and insisting that it was just a suggestion, no decisions have been made yet etc. I think the backlash has taken them by surprise.

The Tory media spokesman initially welcomed the closure, but now says: "Having not listened to 6music, I took it on trust the BBC knew what it was doing ( :lol:). Several things have  happened since I spoke out. I had no strong views on 6music on Friday. I now know it is brilliant, *vote tory* with a passionate and articulate fan base *vote tory* I strongly suspect it will be saved *vote tory*" (subtext added)

Oh and David Bowie's on the case too!

Mike Gloady

It's buried.  Been announced.  Check bbc homepage.

Poo.

And yet The horror that is 1 xtra remains.  Wank.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 March, 2010, 01:26:35 PM

The Tory media spokesman initially welcomed the closure, but now says: "Having not listened to 6music, I took it on trust the BBC knew what it was doing ( :lol:). Several things have  happened since I spoke out. I had no strong views on 6music on Friday. I now know it is brilliant, *vote tory* with a passionate and articulate fan base *vote tory* I strongly suspect it will be saved *vote tory*" (subtext added)

Ha! As they say a weekend is a long time in politics!

If people want to complain to the BBC Trust direct then try trust.enquiries@bbc.co.uk

Though I suspect the best course of action is to complain via other media as the BBC is rather in a corner and until people start to defend the organisation itself they will continue to have to make these sort of harsh decisions.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 02 March, 2010, 01:30:29 PM
It's buried.  Been announced.  Check bbc homepage.

Hmm, does look pretty decided, although they are still saying "expected" to close and "facing closure", so still possibility of a change of heart I guess. Won't close before end of next year in any event.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

It's odd.  He was a big hitter on the evening news in my very young days, he was everywhere.  Now he's dead.  Still, not a bad innings I guess.  Just Thatcher to go now....

uncle fester

96 as a politician isn't bad going. 96 as anything isn't bad, come to think of it. Might not have agreed with everything he said but you have to admire his sadly-now old-school approach to politics.

Mike Gloady

One of the last of the substance over style guys.  Regardless of whether or not you agreed with his stance, or whether you think that style would inevitably eventualy triumph over style in the political arena, his passing is significant, but like you say - he surely cracked up a fine score of years and that's something.

I, Cosh

Mark Linkous out of Sparklehorse.

Happy Man in tribute.
We never really die.