Main Menu

ABC Warriors...

Started by paulvonscott, 15 February, 2005, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tordelbach

Medusa War is set 2000 years on from the original Mars stories!?!  That's very interesting info not presented anywhere else (AFAIK) - I would have guessed a few hundred years, tops.  Simplifies the Warriors timeline quite a bit, that does.

This does suggest that the Terran Empire stuff is set immediately beforehand, rather than any other time-travelling taking place in between (after the Warriors exit from the Blackhole Bypass, I mean).

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to whenabouts Termight gets going, so?  Another few thousand years after this?

Richmond Clements

I thought Tharg (or possibly Pat himself) told us at the beginning of the latest run that the series was set after their adventures with Nemesis?

Oddboy

So far as I can tell:
SPOILERS for ABC Warriors & Nemesis the Warlock series...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Ro-Busters (in Star Lord) - 2078 AD
This is set after Hammerstein's original War (against the Volgans?)
Features: Mek-Quake, Ro-Jaws & Hammerstein

ABC Warriors - first series on Mars
Can't remember the date (if given) - but some time after the Ro-Busters era, I think.

Nemesis I-VI and Black Hole era
After original Mars story, far future. (including time-travel day trip to the end of the universe & back).

Nemesis books VII-IX
Nem & Torque go back in time.

Kronicles & Hellbringer
Termight era - but far flung reaches of space

Neme Book X
Neme & Torque back in Termight era - end of Torque's rule, Purity B new president - leads into...
Deadlock solo series
Set just after Nem Book X

Medusa War novel
2000 years after original Mars stories - so 'Termight' era of earth lasts less then 2000 years.
There are now aliens on Mars - but they are new to the planet - Medusa (Mars' personality) created new lifeforms to combat humans - hence why they weren't purged by Torquemada: they're brand new!

Third Element series
On Mars again, presumably after the novel has finished (but I've not finished reading it myself)
Morrigun gets killed, Medusa turns into Steelhorn & joins the ABCs, Mongrol get's smarter.

Shadow Warriors
Brings us up to date.

Correct my mistakes!
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

You know, I think the first Martian series is set BEFORE Ro-Busters. Certainly the annual story with Joe Pineapples in, and the framing sequences in the first collection seem to say this.

House of Usher

DxB's right: The ABC warriors' original mars mission would have taken place before 2078 and the Ro-busters stories.

The ABC Warriors were recruited for the Mars mission toward the end of the Volgan war. It was after the war (and the Mars mission) that Hammerstein was sold to Ro-busters as army surplus.
STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

So, the Volgan War occurs after the war between the Judges and the Meks?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

GordonR

House of Usher

Are you sure, Gordon? I'm game. I reckon if, hypothetically, the Volgans invade Britain in 1999, and the Volgan war comes to its conclusion some time before 2078, then the Volgan war rages for 70 years or so, but never on American soil.

In the meantime, the judges come to power around 2060, after the Great Atomic War, and having fought President Robert L. Booth's Mek troopers in Death Valley. By this time robots have become commonplace among the troops of both sides in the Volgan war taking place mostly in Europe.

That's only if we *want* to tie ourselves in knots with continuity.
STRIKE !!!

Trout

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing! I'm not listen-ing!

- Trout

House of Usher

Putative Judge Dredd timeline, from right her on this website...

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=dredd&page=timelines" target="_blank">For your consideration....

STRIKE !!!

Funt Solo

Just to correct myself on a couple of points:

[SPOILERS]

- The metal fatigue is first talked about in Nemesis Book IV, when Hammerstein, Mad Ron and Hitaki strip a dead comrade for parts, so SMS and Bisley are only following on from that.

- The scene in Khronicles of Khaos where they repair themselves is a 3-pager that only turns up in the Prog, and not in the GN.  It's not even listed as being part of the series on the "Spread The Word" website.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

House of Usher

Okay, this timeline has the Volgan war concluding around 2028, and the Great Atomic War in 2070, and the Battle of Armageddon taking place in 2071.

So it'd be quite difficult to make Ro-busters fit unless Ro-jaws and Hammerstein spent 50 years on the Ro-busters staff. And it's a bit implausible having Ro-busters taking place after an atomic war anyway.

So, like Gordon says, let's not go there...
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Yeah, let's not!
Don't even think about where Bill Savage fits in here!

Funt Solo

What war was Sam Slade fighting in the flashback sequence of "The Slaying of Slade"?

Nevermind.  I never bought into the idea that Hammerstein was part of the whole Death Valley whoo-hah anyway.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Will I. Cooling

My head still hurts

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.