Main Menu

organizations

Started by IronGraham, 16 December, 2014, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

Just want some ideas on how to organize my 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine. Do you order them by date mixing tooth and meg together or do you keep them separate?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

ZenArcade

I keep them separate. They were only really linked in the 90's for Wilderlands; Judgement day; and the Robot Wars story. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

IronGraham

Cool how do you keep them I've got em in magazine boxes?

ZenArcade

Bagged, boarded and on shelves. Z

IronGraham

ohh do you have to use like golden age bags or do they make 2000AD sized bags now?

ZenArcade

Different types for different sizes. Z

Colin YNWA

Dear God man seperate surely.Any other way is a route to madness... or to put it another way, whatever suits you really. Ya pays ya money ya makes ya choice.

I keep mine seperate, I've bagged the first 520 (less the first 39 which I don't own) cos they are so floppy. The rest brace the elements. All on shelves. Earliest issues on lowest shelves. Almost like geological strata of Thrill power... I may have whittered on about such things at excruciating length elsewhere in these parts.

IronGraham

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 December, 2014, 08:08:17 PMEarliest issues on lowest shelves. Almost like geological strata of Thrill power.

:D

Tombo

Time for me to trot out my usual reply to this sort of question.  Really Useful Boxes.  The 9-litre version holds about 70 2000ADs post the Prog 1033 resizing (probably fewer if they're bagged and boarded) or around three and a half years worth of Megazines.  They stack together well, are really sturdy, and come in a wide range of colours.

ZenArcade

I am blessed with space, so I  can shelve all my Progs, Megs, annuals, specials, Star Lords, etc. The biggest bagging problem I had was with those long skinny progs in the 1200 -1300's. Z

I, Cosh

Quote from: IronGraham on 16 December, 2014, 05:33:35 PM
Just want some ideas on how to organize my 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine. Do you order them by date mixing tooth and meg together or do you keep them separate?
It's hard enough to deal with the changing sizes as it is without worrying about this sort of madness.

For me, it's 2000AD/magazine boxes. These days you can get four years worth of Progs to a box no problem and five if you really set your mind to it.

Most of the Megazines are interspersed in boxes with similarly sized Progs. For example, I think that Meg 1.1 - 2.10 are in the same box as Progs 1200-1369, while volume 4 shares space with Crisis, Warrior, et al.
We never really die.

radiator

I keep mine in a small device called an iPad.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 17 December, 2014, 03:53:37 PM
I keep mine in a small device called an iPad.

Well fair enough Mr Technology but how do you store your, so called, iPads... by date order, screen size... or am I missing the point again...

radiator

Alphabetically - 'i' to 'i'.