Main Menu

2000 AD Online - General Feature Requests

Started by w3bz, 09 July, 2008, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

Post all general feature requests here

IndigoPrime

radiator

How about recap pages for all ongoing storylines? Would really help for stuff like Dredd, Dante, Sinister Dexter etc.

Bolt-01

Would these not be simialr to the synopses over on 2000adreview? It might be useful to see if they could link, as I know Gavin's site is on the same server...

Rio De Fideldo

Although the 2000ad review synopsis are useful I think we could do with a story so far synopsis which is very brief but explains the whole story as opposed to what happened the previous week.

w3bz

I'm sure 2000 AD Reivew would be up for some linkage, I'll have a little word :)

QuoteMuch, much better search functionality.

Ok, I'm going down the route of the usual here with thinking you want to search in a general or specific way for each category? In which case, that's what will be happening for sure!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "w3b-B0Tv2"Ok, I'm going down the route of the usual here with thinking you want to search in a general or specific way for each category? In which case, that's what will be happening for sure!
Well, something that works and that doesn't use sodding Google would be nice. What you have planned sounds about right to me.

w3bz

Ohh ok, if it's just a matter of not using Google and having a site search then yeah

IndigoPrime

Kind of a cross-post now, but in terms of specifics, it'd be good to see a robust simple/advanced search. In other words, the site's design should incorporate a prominent search area, either top-right or within the main nav bar. In my research for various articles and site design, it's pretty clear users are less inclined to use drilling down for nav these days, and prefer search, and so having it prominent and accessible is a very good idea.

Then, of course, you should have some kind of advanced option for filtered searches, rather than just keyword ones. Something like this would be good:

[keyword search field]
[•] Show results with any terms
[ ] Show results with all terms

Restrict search to:
[Article type  V]  [Date  V]  [Some other category  V]
| Interviews    |
| News          |
| Reviews       |
| Etc...        |
-----------------

Bolt-01

As a general query- when the prog database is back up, will the votes be coming back too?

I'd hope so, as this is the best way of updating favourite strips and compiling 'top ten' things.

w3bz

It is unlikely as it stands that the voting system will come back as was, there may be some other system that replaces it or an alternative.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

w3bz

QuoteAvatars shown on the board index.

On it, tomorrow...

Noisybast

Excellent suggestion, Krom. Nice way to make the new board more familiar to old users.
Thanks for picking it up so quickly, w3b-B0Tv2!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

w3bz

Hah don't thank me until it's there, proving bloody problematic at the moment...sigh! Nothing's ever easy eh?