Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 389: A Machine? A Myth? Or a Man? A Case for Treatment

Dredd, psychoanalysed! A new artist for Nemesis!  Dinosaurs attack, Ace gets shots and Rogue gets the tables turned on him by some buried robots.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 390: £ivers and Tenners to be Won Every Week! "Biggest collection of oddballs I've ever seen... and they're all JUDGES!" The Wally Squad!

Rogue versus robot... and biochip!  Nem versus Torque, and Starblower.  A one-page Kryten moment.  Dredd's first distraction after the psych eval.  Ace fights back against a successful Trucking Co.  Why does it always rain on Helltrekkers?

sheridan

2000AD Prog 391: Q: What does a dinosaur call a Helltrek? HRRRAAIII! A: Meals on Wheels!

What's a Zap Board?  The Traitor General closes in, Ro-Jaws and Nemesis are going underground (and a war droid returns), the arms bust goes bust, careful where you send your bombs and never leave a radwagon behind!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 392: Target: Traitor General – revenge for Rogue Trooper! "There's the murderer!" "I see him!" "FIRE!"

Rogue's quest is at an end!  Maps appear in Judge Dredd and HellTrekkers.  Nemesis the Warlock has a 'strangers on a train' moment.  Ace's plan falls in to place...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 393: Move over, Ron – Slippery Jim di Griz is back! The Stainless Steel Rat... ...for President!

A presidential election (Stainless Steel Rat-style), time travel in Mega-City One, the phantom possesses the governor while Hammerstein faces Mek-Quake and the Helltrek gets hit by the Black Scab.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 394: Tomorrow's evil in the City of the Damned! "What the drokk...?" "The Hell Street Blues!"

Jim and Angelina - tourists!  Hammerstein faces Mek-Quake, humanity meets the medusa, Anderson and Dredd see blue people, the Ace Trucking Workers' Co-operative have their day in court and the black scab takes hold.

Bolt-01

Just want to say how much I enjoy your 'highlights' lines. Always a treat.

sheridan

Ta, Bolt!

2000AD Prog 395: Take out your partners for the ballroom blitz! "Blimey – gatecrashers!" KLIK!

The family diGriz arrive on Paraiso-Aqui, Nem, Ro-Jaws, Torque and Hammerstein all arrive on the Brick Moon, Anderson and Dredd get their first clue, Ace quits and everything converges on the Helltrekkers.

`

sheridan

2000AD Prog 396: WIN! Dungeons & Dragons treasure trove! "We need NEW BLOOD – join us, Joe..." "Hershey! She's a VAMPIRE!"

The Stainless Steel Rat gets to the chopper, the ten-part D&D story ends with a competition, the assassination attempt on Queen Victoria comes to a head, vampire Hershey makes a seduction roll against Dredd, Ace leaves the Speedo Ghost and the dying dinosaur fumbles it's death saving throw.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 397: ++City of the Damned – let chaos reign!++ "Gaze upon the DOOM that was foretold!"

Earthlets lend prog storage tips, Jim goes face to face with Zapilote, Torquemada goes face to face with Professor Victor Frankenstein, Anderson head to head with the Mutant (in a recording), the Ace Trucking Worker's Co-operative face to face with Evil Blood and the Helltrekkers don't go face to face with anybody, but still end up with 23 dead.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 398: Have a cosmic Christmas, earthlets! "Ho ho ho!"

It's chriiistmas!  Slay rides and santa claws a-plenty as Jim new party takes a gamble, Joe tries to catch an alien for the zoo, Torque has a flashback to family life, other Joe heads into the dark with Cass, Ace remembers his other ship and the trek leaves the Slough for the nice safe haven of Stinking Creek way-station.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 399: A.B.C. K.O. B.E.M. S.N.A.F.U! (O.K?) "Mongrol SMUSH!"

The diGriz's toast Sam Fox (!), people* get ordered to stop Mongrol (they try, but not very hard), Dredd and Anderson get trapped - can they see any way out?  Ace catches up with Old Peart the Third - and so does Evil Blood and it's shower time in the Cursed Earth.

* robots are people too.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 400: Dogfight – the rat bites back! WHAAM!

Carlos borrows the composition of panels by Irv Novick, Jerry Grandenetti and Russ Heath (which were famously stolen without attribution by some pop artist), an assassination attempt against diGriz, the big twist in Nemesis the Warlock, Dredd has a blinding headache, Ace resolves an industrial dispute and the marauders attack at the way-station.

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 26 October, 2020, 08:00:47 AM
2000AD Prog 400: Dogfight – the rat bites back! WHAAM!

In today's age this would have been a big jump-on-prog issue. Stainless Steel Rat was a great story pity that this was the last series done for the prog.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Prog 300 was, and so was 500 - I guess the storylines just didn't align for that one...

2000AD Prog 401: Free Panini Dune album (not available to overseas readers) The return of Rogue Trooper "Here are my boys... make them into MEN!"

Rogue's back, and so are the biochips, in person!  The Goths get some bad news - the Brick Moon is crashing down to Britannia - Nemesis also gets some bad news about Chira and Thoth.  We find out who the Mutant is.  The diGriz take to the skies.  Rudd takes revenge.