Main Menu

Can anyone record TV to DVD for me?

Started by Wake, 08 February, 2005, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

For a quid each I'm more than happy with three copies. For all I knew, DVD blank media is several pounds.

Cheers,

Wake

WoD

All it will cost me is a favour from the in-laws and I'll post it from work.  I've asked them to tape it, so you've got atleast one copy.  The re-recordable media is a couple of quid, but the other stuff is quite reasonable.

How did you get Laddo in to this then?  (and doesn't he look great!!)

Wake

One of the researchers spotted him at a Sealed Knot event last year at Taunton. She took some photos then and must have decided she definitely wanted him for the part since we had several phone calls from her on our answerphone when we got back from holiday.

Cheers,

Wake

paulvonscott

My brother did tape this, he just has to burn it onto a DVD.

WoD

Paul - I'm putting a copy in the post this morning, but I'd love to know how (if I'm reading you correctly) your brother is ripping from Sky+ (which is a fatastic piece of kit) to DVD.  What is his set up?  This would be really useful for me...

Cheers,
WoD.

paulvonscott

A micture of jiggery pokery, gobbledegook and mumbo jumbo as far as I can tell, but I'll ask him for some sort of explanation.

WoD

Thanks Paul...if you want to ask the wizzard of technology that is your brother to put it in an email then I will sacrifice a small animal in both your names...

WoD

had a quick google paul and I'm guessing that your Brother is capturing the analogue signal on his PC via some capture card as he would if he was going to capture it on video (i.e. just replace the video recorder with the PC and capture card).  It sounds like Sky use a propriatary system for recording on their internal hard drive which is not compatible with PCs (although I found a 'rumour' about some PC freeware which can convert this signal - but I couldn't find the software itself).

WoD.