Main Menu

Captain Scarlet - He is indestructable - you are not!

Started by paulvonscott, 12 February, 2005, 04:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

-Pulger-

not bad, will certainly watch further episodes.
my only quibble the opening title music could have had more oomph.

Matt Timson

Arses- missed it.  Can anyone fill me in on what happened?  I used to love the original- I even had the Captain Scarlet single...
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

Right, off the top of me head...

Big big spoilers natch...

Captains Black and Scarlet go to mars to investigate some mysterious radio signals. They discover a mysteron city. The city launches some sort of probe thing. Black immediately fires back (there are in some sort of tank). City is destroyed (almost). We get the voice of the mysterons telling them that they hate earth's violence and they are going to destroy them.  A green glowing sphere chases after them as they retreat. It hits the ground to form the two famous glowing circles and attacks them. The two rings go into the tank. Black is dead, Scarlet is critical. We have black's funeral. Scarlet dies. But is reborn with glowing green eyes as the Mysterons take him over. Scatlet sabotages the Angel's flying sky-base thing. He is shot by Captain Blue and falls through a plasma stream. He's now back to 'normal' mind wise but his body has been replaced on a cellular level and he's now indestructible. He also realises on a psychic level that Black is not-dead. Scarlet escapes from t he Sky base to a ground base and steals a car. He's chases by Blue on a motorbike. Scarlet leads Blue to the churchyard where Black was buried. They see the open grave with the coffin burst open from the inside. Meanwhile, Black under the control of the mysterons kills a fat industrialist by putting his limo with him trapped in it in a car crusher... continued next week!

Matt Timson

COR!

That's not far off the original, is it?  I'll probably have to buy it when it comes out on DVD if it doesn't get repeated...

Cheers.
Pffft...

Lobo Baggins

Tuned in a bit late, but if it's one of these shows 'somewhere' in a big pile of shit kids programming, then I'm not going to bother with it. Seems like madness to me!

I switched over just before it started - which meant that I got to see a blonde bombo dressed as a french maid having big creamy cakes hurled at her until her knickers fell off. Saturday morning TV isn't quite the way I remember it...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Byron Virgo

Quirkafleeg

>That's not far off the original, is it?

I've not seen the early episodes of the original so I could not really tell you.

The CGI is pretty good - a vast improvement on the Dan Dare one. Not exactly Pixar but not bad. I found myself watching the show instead of picking fault with the animation

>I got to see a blonde bombo dressed as a french maid having big creamy cakes hurled at her until her knickers fell off. Saturday morning TV isn't quite the way I remember it...

No, it's not exactly Swap Shop is it?

Matt Timson

"No, it's not exactly Swap Shop is it?"

Thank fuck...
http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/meltingpot/lightsey/267/cheggerschair.jpg">
Pffft...

Mr D

'they hate earth's violence so they are going to destroy them'

Riiiiight.....

Wish I had a TV, I'd love to see what this is like! Love the original.

raspberry reich

doesnt it lose a bit of its charm when it uses cgi and not puppets? i couldnt be bothered to watch it because i would of had to have sat threw aload of crap kid shows. is it sny good?

Adrian Bamforth

I wouldn't be surprised if kids prefered watching the puppets, kids see CGI all the time now but a puppet show is more likely to be a curiosity to them. Thunderbirds is still a big hit when it's repeated though of course you can't make shows like it now cos it's just not the done thing.

ADE

Grae the puppetmaker

I liked it. Apart from the theme that is, very dull & not a patch on the original. The CGI was great, definately enhanced by using motion capture rather than direct animation. A much better adaption than Dan Dare.

Grae.

UZI 4U

Watched it and loved every minute. Liked the way all the vehicles still had the Gerry Anderson look albeit updated. Liked the fact that it hadn't been made too PC to suit modern kiddy audiences. Would agree with Pulger and Grae though, the theme tune is crap. Think they should have used the original and maybe updated it a bit. Finally, whoever decided to split the show into two parts should be shot. This is annoying on a cellular level indeed.
Regards Jim.
PS.  JEB- there is never,ever,ever a valid reason for posting pictures of Cheggers in the nip. That was nothing more than stomach-churning twisted evil worthy of the Trout himself!

Matt Timson

Pffft...