Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Cloak and Dagger is probably best enjoyed if you don't "do" much US teen telly, but if you do, its formulaic characters and tropes might stand out because of the lack of actual Cloak and Dagger appearances across the season.  Like the Runaways adaptation, it's more of a generic teen thriller with the Marvel licence bolted on.

Proudhuff

^^^^^ this,  standard us glossy teeen thing with a wee bit of SH powers added.

I'm similar to the above magpies, have tried and failed to continue half a dozen titles that I feel I should like but feel disconnected from,   Netflix fatigue.  desperately waiting on other to return
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

I liked Cloak and Dagger and felt the tone and presentation was actually rather different from what I associate most US teen stuff to be. Granted, I'm probably  out of touch there. And I seem to like most things so my recommendations might not be worthwhile.

Dr Feeley Good

Watching Das Boot on sky at the moment, 4 episodes in and it's the best series I've watched in ages....

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tjm86

Dr Feeley Good

radiator

Polished off the final episode of The Americans last night. 75 episodes done in under 4 weeks. Jesus, I need help. Though the show is perfectly bingeable, I almost wish I'd been watching it during its original airing so I could have really savoured each season and episode - burning through so much content so fast feels a little much, you know? Feel like my time with the show was so fleeting.

Anyway, amazing, amazing show - up there with the all time greats for me. And I loved the ending - without giving anything away, it doesn't go the way I was expecting (which I was really relieved about).

Mattofthespurs

Finally got around to Mad Men.

I love it but it depresses the shit out of me in equal measures.

radiator

Just wondering what is it about Mad Men that you find depressing? There are sad parts, and there's a low key sense of existential angst and ennui I guess, but I never really found it sad or depressing to watch.

The Legendary Shark

The Umbrella Academy. Absolutely loving this! Intriguing story, compelling characters, arresting style and wonderful soundtrack. Well worth your time.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: radiator on 22 February, 2019, 07:53:54 PM
Just wondering what is it about Mad Men that you find depressing? There are sad parts, and there's a low key sense of existential angst and ennui I guess, but I never really found it sad or depressing to watch.

I'm not sure to be honest. I love the programme but everytime I watch it I feel quite down after it.

Rara Avis

Is it because everyone is so limited?

My favourite scene (well) was from when they had the picnic and when they were finished they just threw the rubbish everywhere and left. It was so shocking but people used to do that!

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!