Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Well it's nice to have you back.

Did you ever whip that am-dram group into shape?  :lol:

The Doctor Alt 8

Nope. I left.

Well when i as an ELECTED official are told by the rest of the committee "You don't need to turn up to the committee meetings" WITHOUT explanation... Just because I am only the social secretary whos ideas for events are ignored by everybody and those same people refuse to tell me what they DO want me to organise...  Well I gave up. At least with this virus that'll be one summer show the won't be able to terrorize Beckenham with...

Dandontdare

This is quite cool - go to www.radio.garden/live and you'll see a map of the world with lots of green dots - every one is a radio station - just click on them to listen in to radio all over the world.

von Boom

The Catholic Church has made an official stance on the covid-19 pandemic.

Funt Solo

Huzzah! It's my 6,666th post!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Congratulations, you little devil, you... :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

Congrats on your epic achievement Funt. On a slightly less happy note, somebody on Facebook was offering to do quick sketches of any 'fandom.' When I sent a Judge Dredd request, he admitted he had no idea who that character was, neither the film nor comic versions. Perhaps I should have asked for Sonic the Hedgehog instead.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

Does anyone ever look what guests are viewing on this forum and wonder what random google search prompted that click? There are currently 2 people viewing a two-post thread about a metal festival 14 years ago!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 April, 2020, 02:14:10 AM
Could it be bots?

Unlikely surely. why? Does Putin need to know that two long-departed 2000ad fans failed to instigate a discussion of Bloodstock '06?

I've done it myself - googled some random obscure topic and ended up on a forum discussion from 15 years ago that I really wish was current as I want to join in.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 April, 2020, 02:27:58 AM
Does Putin need to know that two long-departed 2000ad fans failed to instigate a discussion of Bloodstock '06?

Hoping this is a teaser for that long-awaited sequel, John Cassavettes is Still Dead.

Tjm86

You know the one thing I love about the Tooth shop?  They don't get things wrong very often but when they do they don't just own it but go the extra mile.  So I ordered the Sweeney Toddler volume for my nipper who really enjoyed the Cor / Buster special as well as the Tammy / Jinty one and has been nagging me for ages about more. 

It was part of a larger order but it was the only one missing.  Email later to see what the reason was.  Reply today to let me know that they were looking into it, up to their neck in orders at the moment so would appreciate a bit of patience (no problem there).  Oh, and by the way, have the digital edition on the house.

Now too often these days customer service is a bit of an oxymoron.  A lot of places would have just sent out a stock "look, we're busy right now, leave us alone ..." response if we're lucky.  Rebellion though?  Nope.  Got to do that little bit better ...

So, fair dues to them.

paddykafka

As a huge fan of cats - the wonderful creatures themselves, that is, NOT the movie or musicals - this brief reddit post brought a huge smile to my face. (I shortened the link address for convenience, so it will take just a couple of clicks to get to the item itself.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/g7sf5r/lockdown_is_hard_for_everyone/

von Boom

Quote from: paddykafka on 26 April, 2020, 10:21:14 AM
As a huge fan of cats - the wonderful creatures themselves, that is, NOT the movie or musicals - this brief reddit post brought a huge smile to my face. (I shortened the link address for convenience, so it will take just a couple of clicks to get to the item itself.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/g7sf5r/lockdown_is_hard_for_everyone/
He's quite right.

von Boom