Main Menu

Need help finding a story

Started by Humanist, 12 March, 2018, 12:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humanist

Hello, long time 2000AD reader here.

There was a storyline a long time ago that I'm trying to track down. I don't remember much, but the central story was a war going on between a noble, knight like race who rode war horses and a mechanized industrial race who used machines. One of the final frames was a huge rolling cylindrical ear machine squashing a knight.

Any ideas what that story was?

Steve Green

It was an episode of Judge Dredd in the Judge Child Saga.

Humanist

TordelBack

Ah yes, Gallipardan knights, Lurgan shock-troops and best of all, the Pazzaz War Wheels!  There's a great gallery of Ron Smith's extraordinary original art pages from the story in question here (currently owned by Allen Richardson, the lucky sod).  Reprinted in Judge Dredd: The Complete Casefiles No 5. 

Humanist

Love it, thanks!

It's amazing a memory from so far back just pops into your head for no apparent reason. I'm glad I found this forum though because now I feel completely satisfied .....except I'm still gutted that my entire 2000AD collection was somehow misplaced sometime back in the 1990s  :(

sheridan

Quote from: Humanist on 12 March, 2018, 02:06:20 PM
Love it, thanks!

It's amazing a memory from so far back just pops into your head for no apparent reason. I'm glad I found this forum though because now I feel completely satisfied .....except I'm still gutted that my entire 2000AD collection was somehow misplaced sometime back in the 1990s  :(

Should we mention the Judge Dredd Case Files and the 2000AD Mega-Collection?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Humanist on 12 March, 2018, 02:06:20 PM
I'm still gutted that my entire 2000AD collection was somehow misplaced sometime back in the 1990s  :(

Did you look in the pocket of your other jeans?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.