Main Menu

Pub Quiz Questions

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 April, 2020, 07:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 April, 2020, 10:57:50 AM
Quote from: Eamonn Clarke
And the answer is not that Ian Holm is the only one covered in alien space porridge.

Miles (Woody Allen) is the odd one out - the others are robots made to look like humans.

Very good. Woody Allen is, indeed, the human who is posing as a robot instead of vice versa.

TordelBack

And similarly Cage only *thinks* he's a vampire..?

Eamonn Clarke

You're on the ball on these. Cage does indeed believe he's a vampire when he is isn't.

Buttonman

In the song 'Love Shack' what make of car do the B52s have?

In 'Fairy tale of New York' at what price did the horse win at?

Colin YNWA

Wow cool - keep them coming.

Eamonn Clarke

Here's one that might be a bit harder. Without the caption but it is the four actresses you need to focus on. Who is the odd one out and why?

soggy

What planet is Dr Spock from?

Greg M.

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 April, 2020, 02:35:21 PM
Here's one that might be a bit harder. Without the caption but it is the four actresses you need to focus on. Who is the odd one out and why?

B: Debbie Reynolds, because she's not being dubbed by Marni Nixon (she's being dubbed by Betty Noyes.)

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: soggy on 19 April, 2020, 02:39:38 PM

Haha, that's a good one! I bet it catches loads of people out.

Which famous computer corporation did Stanley Kubrick base the computer HAL on, in his famous film 2001: A Space Odyssey? And the clue is in the initials HAL.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Greg M. on 19 April, 2020, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 April, 2020, 02:35:21 PM

B: Debbie Reynolds, because she's not being dubbed by Marni Nixon (she's being dubbed by Betty Noyes.)
Correct, and she's playing an actor who dubs for others.

von Boom

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 19 April, 2020, 03:27:11 PM

Which famous computer corporation did Stanley Kubrick base the computer HAL on, in his famous film 2001: A Space Odyssey? And the clue is in the initials HAL.
IBM.

TordelBack

Quote from: von Boom on 19 April, 2020, 04:28:02 PM

IBM.

Careful using this one - while it seems very likely, IIRC both Clarke and Kubrick explicitly denied the connection - and I think there are IBM-logo'd stuff in the movie too.

von Boom

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 April, 2020, 04:33:03 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 19 April, 2020, 04:28:02 PM

IBM.

Careful using this one - while it seems very likely, IIRC both Clarke and Kubrick explicitly denied the connection - and I think there are IBM-logo'd stuff in the movie too.
I always thought it was because HAL is the previous letter of IBM.

shaolin_monkey

Aye - seems too much of a coincidence.

HI
AB
LM

Richard