Main Menu

2000 AD Online - General Feature Requests

Started by w3bz, 09 July, 2008, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

Ahh Mr Cambell, no worries, we each like things done a certain way...so if I get your meaning you're after something along the lines of:

search.php?author_id=524&sr=posts

?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: "w3b-B0Tv2"Ahh Mr Cambell, no worries, we each like things done a certain way...so if I get your meaning you're after something along the lines of:

search.php?author_id=524&sr=posts

?

There's no escape from Justice after all ! Save us !!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

satchmo

Any chance the foes list could have an option whereby that person's posts are completely absent instead of there but ignored?

Old Tankie

Hi Satchmo - as a computer novice, you've lost me, could you please explain what you mean and how does it work?  Thanks.

satchmo

Tankie,
the return of list-pilfering oxygen thief Callahan got me longing for the killfile function that the old board had, as the friend/foe thing on the user control panel hides the posts but they're still there. Next time someone like him comes along I'd prefer to Trotsky them right out of existence :)

johnnystress

Can you make the clickable banner at the top link to the main 2000ad online site? Or have another button to link there?

The Legendary Shark

I'd like to suggest putting the "*View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics*" link at the top of every thread. I use the • View active topics • link a lot, but it doesn't appear enough for my laziness...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "the_legendary_shark"I'd like to suggest putting the "*View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics*" link at the top of every thread. I use the • View active topics • link a lot, but it doesn't appear enough for my laziness...

Yup- it used to be at the top of each page, but has disappeared...

SmallBlueThing

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread. Here is more appropriate.

Any chance of having that feature whereby when you pause the mouse on the thread title it pops up a floating box that gives you the first few lines of the message? I find I use that a lot on other forums to save time in working out what I want to read. Also useful for avoiding spam, I find.

Steev

Dog Deever

Would it be possible to have a sub-board (entitled 'In-Forum Competitions' or something equally imaginitive) for the art/ writing comps?

The competition posts keep getting lost under a slew of posts and my damaged brain finds it difficult to keep up with them for viewing/ voting etc. They are also difficult to find as I can never recall which part of the board they're on.

It might encourage extra entries/ votes.

Also, is it possible to have the Barney site permanently linked somewhere?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

johnnystress

Not sure where to post this. When you click on someones user name you're taken to a completely different user

I clicked on my own and was brought to Dog Deevers' profile

Richmond Clements

Quote from: johnnystress on 15 July, 2009, 12:19:40 PM
Not sure where to post this. When you click on someones user name you're taken to a completely different user

I clicked on my own and was brought to Dog Deevers' profile

Starnge- I just clicked on yours and it went to you...

w3bz

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 18 June, 2009, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: the_legendary_sharkI'd like to suggest putting the "*View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics*" link at the top of every thread. I use the • View active topics • link a lot, but it doesn't appear enough for my laziness...

Yup- it used to be at the top of each page, but has disappeared...

Yeah be right with you on that with the new (old) design. Basically adding in anything we've missed off the current one.

Quote from: SpookyTheCat on 11 July, 2009, 11:31:57 PM
Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread. Here is more appropriate.

Any chance of having that feature whereby when you pause the mouse on the thread title it pops up a floating box that gives you the first few lines of the message? I find I use that a lot on other forums to save time in working out what I want to read. Also useful for avoiding spam, I find.

Steev

Haven't forgot, will look into it :)

SmallBlueThing

But *I* forgot to answer YOUR question! Rolly-over-thread thingy would be good in the root of the forum (whatever you call that) and each sub-forum.

Is that what you asked?

I am very hot today and my brain doesn't work in the heat.

Steev

SuperSurfer

Would it be worth having a handful of sample strips on 2000adonline.com? Either sample pages or entire episodes. Recent digital artwork rather than scanned old stuff.

Or perhaps have the 2000AD sample issue given out at a US convention last year available as a free downloadable trial copy?

Looking at some of the discussions on other websites many people seem to have heard of 2000AD but are not really sure what it is about. Most seem to have no idea of just how good it is.

What better way to show how great 2000AD is than to make an issue available for free, or at least sample strips?