Main Menu

Fabry's New Slaine!

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 07 August, 2013, 03:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Apologies if someone has posted this already (I got the link from Johnny Stress on Facebook), but fecking well look at it. It's truly arsom.

http://multiversitycomics.com/previews/glenn-fabry-returns-to-2000-a-d-to-draw-slaine-once-again/

Slaine looks a bit like Jesse Custer these days, but my Danu I'd forgotten how good Glenn Fabry could be.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

He should be renamed Glenn Fabulous.

Frank

I would have bet this month's pay check on Fabry's episodes featuring the el-women. I could have done without the Dredd shoulder pad on that era's costume, but those pages are incredible. Whatever it cost Tharg to assemble that roster of talent for one last big pay day from the collected edition in November, it was well worth it.

Ghost MacRoth

Excellent!  Well I guess that lends a bit more weight to the notion that we'll be revisiting the old stories in 'book of scars' and perhaps all drawn by the original artists??  Will be great to see Fabry back in the prog.  Maybe I don't have to give up on Slaine after all!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie on 07 August, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

I would have bet this month's pay check on Fabry's episodes featuring the el-women.

How many 'sexual awakenings' did they cause back in the day?

Stunning work by Fab...this will be one of the few occasions that I buy a collected edition of a recently published work.

LARF

QuoteHow many 'sexual awakenings' did they cause back in the day?

:-[

Judge Brian

I just started to read his first Slaine work in Time Killer yesterday. His new stuff looks amazing, not that his old stuff looked bad.

Richmond Clements

klute

Ooooohhh that's just awesome! can't wait
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

ThryllSeekyr

Wow his art work hasn't changed in the last 20 years and still think his Slaine looks real enough like someone you might know. Though as some ese stated earlier, I don't agree that Glenn Fabry has drawn Slaine as himself unless that's exactly how he looked when he first drew Slaine in Time-Killer!

Quote from: Pat Mills in a interview with CBRWhat does the "The Book of Scars" have in store for Slaine?

"Slaine's" 30th Birthday collection is "The Book of Scars." Because Slaine is the Scarred Man and every scar tells a story.

The Guledig has warped time so that Slaine once again meets his greatest enemies and faces his greatest challenges. Only this time they will be ready for him.

"The Guledig" by Clint Langley in color.

"The Wickerman and the Bride of Crom" by Clint in black and white after Bellardinelli.

"Sky Chariots" by Mike McMahon in black and white.

"El Women and Elfric" by Glenn Fabry in black and white.

"Slough Feg and Crom Cruach" by Simon Bisley in color.

"Moloch" by Clint in color.

Six connected stories, six to nine pages each. With all the "Slaine" covers gathered in one collection. So we get to see those classic stories once again with a new twist, as we ask ourselves... "What if...?"

His should be the third or fourth tale depending on how you look at it.

THough, I will be looking forward to his work the most, I have almost as much fondness for the other artists works along the way :D

Skullmo

I like how Elfric is holding his axe!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dragonfly

These pages look even better than Fabrys older stuff back in the day. The figures seem to be less stiff and rigid. And talking of stiff and rigid, Elfics axe holding technique would have gone completely over my head (as it were!), innocent that I am!
And while we are on the subject the El-women didn't cause any 'sexual awakening' in me, that had already been done by Red Sonja and Leela!

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, Wilma Deering had woken me up long before the El Women came along.  That said, I always had a soft spot for Nest.  Or not-so-soft spot, as the case may be.

Anyway, yeah, ahem - Glenn Fabry's pages look pretty bloody good, and I am really looking forward to seeing how this series pans out.  It's almost (but not quite) a given I'll be getting that damned hardback!!!

Re the whole 'Glenn drawing himself' thing, I thought it was recognised because of that 2000AD cover he did of Slaine, the close-up of his face. Didn't someone suggest Glenn had used his own mug in a mirror to get the expression just so?

johnnystress

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 August, 2013, 03:16:25 PM

He should be renamed Glenn Fabulous.

Glen Febreze

because his work doesn't stink

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 August, 2013, 08:40:28 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 07 August, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

I would have bet this month's pay check on Fabry's episodes featuring the el-women.

How many 'sexual awakenings' did they cause back in the day?

For me it was Bad Company - That Kano!
It's a joke. I was joking.