Main Menu

Moore and Gibbons signed Watchmen

Started by Proudhuff, 13 December, 2008, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Help me great hive mind, your my only hope...

My copy of Watchmen (titan papreback first edition) is signed by both Gibbons and Moore, I've trawled the internet but can't fine anything to compare this to price wise. Can anyone put me right on what I coulod reasonably ask for this?

Minihuff's xmas pressie could depend on this!
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

If you'd have brought it to Hi-Ex, you could have had Mr Higgins sign it too...

Bouwel

QuoteCan anyone put me right on what I coulod reasonably ask for this?

I can't help re. the price, but perhaps if you wait until the film comes out you might get a better price?

(There again, if the films a dog...)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TordelBack

What a great thing to have, no idea what it might go for but it's got to be good.  I suspect prices are at a peak at the mo, but you never know when a brace of rich eejits are going to take a movie-inspired shine to a signed copy.  

Not relevant to the query, but Borders (Blanchardstown, but presumably elsewhere) have the new shiny-cover softback Watchmen for half price (€14-odd).  Very tempted to retire the old girl before it actually falls apart.

I, Cosh

If it was mine, I'd consider it priceless.

Was in FP the other day and there's a re-release of the first issue. Are they doing the whole lot or is this just a one-off?
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "TordelBack"What a great thing to have, no idea what it might go for but it's got to be good.  I suspect prices are at a peak at the mo, but you never know when a brace of rich eejits are going to take a movie-inspired shine to a signed copy.  

Not relevant to the query, but Borders (Blanchardstown, but presumably elsewhere) have the new shiny-cover softback Watchmen for half price (€14-odd).  Very tempted to retire the old girl before it actually falls apart.

I noticed yesterday Hodgis Figgis on Dawson St. in Dublin had a fetaured centre Watchmen display in the main front Window. That didn't even happen in 87 when first released. Looks like Watchmen is only released now.

johnnystress

Quote from: "TordelBack"What a great thing to have, no idea what it might go for but it's got to be good.  I suspect prices are at a peak at the mo, but you never know when a brace of rich eejits are going to take a movie-inspired shine to a signed copy.  

ooh- must get that, for the same reason

Trout

I have the first UK edition of the softcover book and it's in a terrible state. I've been making people read it for more than 20 years and I love the battered old thing very much.

Right now it's been pressed upon a film reviewer for one of our papers, with a demand he read it so he can be properly geeky when the film comes out.

I'm tempted by one of those new "absolute" editions, but I know my tired old Watchmen book, like an old pet you can't bring yourself to have put down, will stay with me for years to come...

- Trout

Proudhuff

I had forgotten it was signed, it had been on the shelf since it came out, read a couple o times and only looked at recently when Minihuff wanted to read it before seeing the film.

The good news is I have now sold off bundles of books and other stuff which means I can now hold onto this and maybe take up his lordship's idea!

I've also found out a James Bond mag I have is advertised at £75! if I could only find a mug...
DDT did a job on me

Buddy

Quote from: "Proudhuff"Help me great hive mind, your my only hope...

My copy of Watchmen (titan papreback first edition) is signed by both Gibbons and Moore, I've trawled the internet but can't fine anything to compare this to price wise. Can anyone put me right on what I coulod reasonably ask for this?

Minihuff's xmas pressie could depend on this!

There is one on ebay for £75 and one going for about £200.

Neither have bids on them though.

highjon

I know a Grafitti hardback Watchmen recently went for £400 - autographed.
cheers
John

Proudhuff

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"If you'd have brought it to Hi-Ex, you could have had Mr Higgins sign it too...

I think this is what I may do, just for the Fanboy in me :geek:

He's coming again this year isn't he?
DDT did a job on me