Main Menu

Ipswich Comic-Con

Started by rogue69, 27 December, 2017, 08:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Unleashed Events! have announced that they will be holding a new comic-con in Ipswich on  Sunday 15th April 2018 and will be held at Ipswich Town FC, Portman Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DA

so far no details on any guests as of yet but they say they will be starting to announce guest in January

General Entry from 11am £6 (under 12s £4, under 5s free)*
http://www.unleashedtickets.co.uk/ourshop/

JamesC

Thanks for the heads up - I'll keep an eye on this.

sheridan

Interesting - last time I was in Ipswich I popped over to Bury for the museum SF exhibition thingy - why didn't any of that happen in the fifteen years I lived there?

janus stark

sheridan

Quote from: janus stark on 15 April, 2018, 10:58:10 AM
anyone going today???

Did you go?  I had been tempted to go, combing with a visit to Ippo to visit family, but the actual representation of comics at the comic con seemed to be a little low (i.e. none of the guests had anything to do with comics)...

janus stark

no  i didn t go. it seemed to have very little to do with comics  and more to do with fancy dress for small kids.
found a few photos on twitter regarding the event but no press coverage from the 'Star'.

sheridan

Quote from: janus stark on 18 April, 2018, 08:03:13 PM
no  i didn t go. it seemed to have very little to do with comics  and more to do with fancy dress for small kids.
found a few photos on twitter regarding the event but no press coverage from the 'Star'.

Looking at other similar events in East Anglia, they all seem to be the same - guests from film and TV are announced, with a line or two about comic sellers, but no actual guests or even small press-ers selling their wares.  Looks like the thing to look forward to (and travel up to Suffolk for) will be the tenth Bury St Edmunds museum SF exhibition, but that's all the way off in October (if it's on the same weekend as last year).