Main Menu

Camelot 3000

Started by Shakara, 10 March, 2004, 03:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakara

who has read this? Brian Bolland, Mike W. Barr...

Well, yous guys probably all know it, but if ye don't, check it out because it's quite the good story, and it also includes Glastonbury Tor in the future, tis destined to remain, surely.
Hooray.
Why am I talking, again? I'll just go!

Shakara!

House of Usher

Yep, I've collected all 13 parts from mail order sellers and comics marts. One day I'll find the time to read them...
STRIKE !!!

Dudley

Anyone with the good taste to call themselves "Shakara" is surely welcome here!

What's this Camelot thing all about, then?

Shakara

twas a comic series, I dunno when it was but it was by the artist-shaped god BRIAN BOLLAND and some New Yorker with a little hat called Mike Barr.
It was about ol' King Arthur coming alive in the year 3000 and bringin' all his knights together and fighting his evil half-sister Morgan LeFay and loads of space aliens.
My parents went to Canada and bought it back for me, and its DARNED GROOVY

Shakara!

House of Usher

Camelot 3000 appeared around 1985. I think the cover carried an advertising stamp for one of those DC crossovers, like Crisis on Infinite Earths or Millennium, which dates it to around that time. Shakara's description pretty much has it, really. King Arthur in the year 3000, with aliens.
STRIKE !!!

Shakara

House of Usher

...green aliens, apparently. ;.p
STRIKE !!!

Shakara

...and how long did it take Bolland to draw the whole thing, because I remember in THRILL-POWER OVERLOAD they had to push a Death story forward a couple of months so he could draw, like, an extra page or WHATEVA
But its worth it, just look at his art man, just LOOK at it...

dude

Shakara!

House of Usher

I heard very recently that there was over a year between part 12 and part 13 of Camelot 3000 being published because Brian Bolland had a lot of other commitments that stopped him finishing the last issue on schedule. This delay was something of a record apparently, and even now, industry commentators talk about an overdue comic being delayed almost as long as (or longer than) Camelot 3000 #13.
STRIKE !!!

Shakara

I genuinely didn't know that.
But look at the ARTWORK. Just look at it go!

Anyway, I think he did alright on the Tor. Still, on any future Tors I've seen in comics (that's two) I haven't seen any of Glastonbury town there, which is odd, isn't it? You'd think at least the Woolworths would've survived..

Shakara!

ARRISARRIS

Does the camelot 3000 graphic novel reprint issue 13? i remember it only as a 12 issue series, whats the crack???

Shakara

Yes, yes it does, tis quite a fat graphic novel actually...

well, it seems to end, anyway what with the alien sword-holding thing.

sigu

The only issue of Camelot 3000 I saw was pencilled by Bolland but inked by Terry Austin who appeared to have used felt tip pens instead of BB's fine brush. It wasn't pretty.

Shakara

Which issue was that?

Wils

IIRC, Brian didn't ink *any* of Camelot 3000. There's some really awful inking of his pencils in there, though.