Main Menu

Meg 410 Psilent Running

Started by Proudhuff, 16 July, 2019, 11:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

The cover is great but very similar to one a few months back with big lawmaster front and centre and colour scheme. I prefer this one.

Enjoyed the Meg but I will have to reread it as still suffering from "Awww, there's no Lawless" syndrome.

Throughout, though, I love the different art styles. One of the true joys of anthology is turning a page to see something completely different to the previous.

(I enjoyed Alien 3 much better on 2nd viewing as I had a similar "Newt and Hicks" issue on first viewing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Blue Cactus

Quote from: AlexF on 23 July, 2019, 10:37:02 AM
Quote from: Blue Cactus on 21 July, 2019, 04:58:26 PM
Unlike some I enjoyed this Anderson episode a lot; for all we know Cass was a mentor or helped out with Corann at the academy, they may be very close?

You are correct!
Cass was indeed a mentor, some might even say grud-mother, to young Corann. Is she not one of the twins from Triad, and its much-unloved follow up tale Crusade (which itself tied up a dangling plot thread from Engram). The ghost of her twin sister (Lesley?) appearing at the end of this episode was a lovely touch.

Aha, thanks Alex, I had totally overlooked that. I like having that link back into Anderson's past, it's nice when the strip feels like an ongoing series with long-running history rather than isolated adventures.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 July, 2019, 01:02:38 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 23 July, 2019, 10:37:02 AM
Dowling nails not-young but still sexy Anderson to perfection on the cover!

S'right.  This is far more the thing - I think single images like the Tula Lotay prog 2137 cover are perfectly fine as a cover/poster, but it's very much Kate Winslet from Titanic (aged 22), when the strip itself should be closer to Kate Winslet now (aged 44, allowing for the clearly slowed ageing of 22nd Judges), random dated example from Google:

...which is pretty much where that cover is. 

Note: I am not advocating for Anderson to be modelled on Kate Winslet, nor am I expressing any particular salacious interest in Kate Winslet. It's just the resemblance to the Tula Lotay cover that struck me.

aye right.  ;)
DDT did a job on me