Main Menu

IRC

Started by JimBob, 23 July, 2002, 05:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Tried again to get into IRC once past the initialising part all I get is a black screen with a small box containing a little square, triangle and circle, this confuses me (I am a computer tool) anyoone able to hgelp.
 Simple chat is equally problomatic.

Help!

paulvonscott

It means something isn't working.  Have you tried hitting refresh?

What you should get is a screen with tharg on and the 2000AD logo, you click on that then it goes greay for a while and you arrive in chat land.

I have no idea why it isn't working.

JimBob

I'm getting that initial site, clicking the icon and going to a second page where I can see who's on site and a screen where i imagine messages are meant to coem up. Sadly I can get no further, be warned an absence of chat will result in a 40 part Ant Wars v Shako sequel, Polar bear on giant Ant action, with a certain flight computer armed chap cameoing. Surely some technicaly minded chap can save us from the horror?

Wake

Hmmm. That sound's like a missing plugin, or something. If the simple chat is failing too, check your browser has Java enabled.

Wake

JimBob

thanks wake, I'll have to grab a techie friend to have a look. Rest easy, Shako can remain on his Glacier mint style ice berg, for now, ha ha ha ha ha ha -cough- ha ha ha  ahem. Haven't got the evil genius laugh right yet, have to ask Troiut for training.

Wake

Before you go that far, click on Tools - Internet Options - Advanced. Scroll down and check for a tick in the Java Compiler.

Wake