Main Menu

JOURNEYMAN (I need an artist)

Started by mrstu, 03 August, 2018, 08:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrstu

Hey all,

I'm sure you've already worked it out but I am on the lookout for an artist for my next project.

It's for a one-shoot satire/homage to the 'extreme' comics of the 1990's called JourneyMan. It's 22 pages (plus cover) and is full of OTT action and cartoon-y ultra-violence and its something i'm really proud of is something i'm sure a lot of folks would get a kick out of.

The problem is, and I may as well be honest, I have zero budget for this so it would be a total 50% share of the profits and copyright, ect.

So, if you're interested please either comment or message me through the site OR email me at stuperrins1@gmail.com

Thanks.

Frank

Quote from: mrstu on 03 August, 2018, 08:43:53 PM
it would be a total 50% share of the profits and copyright, ect.

Hi, Stu

Since writers can write pages much faster than artists can draw them, the split usually favours the latter. Don't take my word for it, Dave Bishop says Tharg goes for a 70/30 split for monochrome and 80/20 for colour work.

Professor Bear

About 90% of indy comics can't be given away, so don't fall out over the percentage of diddly squat you offer your collaborators - you're going to be doing this for the love.

Also get a decent letterer.  Far and away the thing most indy comics get wrong is thinking no-one will care about the lettering, but it's going to be about 50-70 percent of your storytelling in the final work.